Arlo|Smart Home Security|Wireless HD Security Cameras
× Arlo End of Life Policy Notice
To view Arlo’s new End of Life Policy, click here.

Discussion stats
  • 7 Replies
  • 2 Likes
  • 4 In Conversation
trikefreak
Tutor
Tutor

Last week, changed out battery for fresh charged one, camera worked for a few hours while I was checking on my bbq, but noticed app kept saying hub disconnected. Finally, that same camera wouldn't show live in my phone app. I thought I'd just remove camera and sync again. Big mistake, now neither from the hub, or the phone app, can I get this darn camera sync'd again. Phone app times out, and hub just ends after it's attempt. The phone app checks for latest updates to hub, and all other cameras are working. Is there a way to reset the camera? I'm at a loss, and before I spend $100+ for another Pro camera, thought I'd reach out for any suggestions..............I've tried this 3 different days, hooked to charger to assure battery is full, tried changing batteries, beating my head against the desk.

7 REPLIES 7
jguerdat
Guru Guru
Guru

Try removing that camera from Settings, My Devices and resync.

trikefreak
Tutor
Tutor
Yes, I removed, and cant get it to sync and add back.
jguerdat
Guru Guru
Guru

Is the battery charged? Have you tried using AC power? If still no success, use the Contact Support link at the bottom here for possible bad hardware.

KLD10
Aspirant
Aspirant
trikefreak
Tutor
Tutor

No, I tried again yesterday using the phone app. I haven't tried to reach support yet, but with the virus issue, they probably are closed anyway..

JessicaP
Arlo Employee Retired

Hey KLD10 and trikefreak,

If you're still having problems with your Arlo camera not syncing properly, contact the Support Team to further investigate this issue. You will find several options for contacting support in the provided link and are available if you need help.

trikefreak
Tutor
Tutor

Two weeks ago, I figured what's the worst that can happen, I'll remove the base station and start all over syncing everything. Nope, nothing would sync, tried this dozens of times over the past two weeks. Yesterday, getting desperate, I started to try again, and paid attention to what was running.

For MY instance, using the phone app does NOT work to sync cameras. I had to shut down the app, and then press the base station and camera buttons to get them to sync. BOOM, cameras sync like butter! If I sync one, then set it up on my phone, can't sync another camera until I shut down the phone app. Not close it, but restart my phone or find how to shut down the app. After a frustrating month, I now have one new camera, and a spare, because I tried everything to get this to work.

I'd tried chatting with tech support, but never could get through. I understand everyone has new roles during this odd time, so I don't blame tech support. I'm just glad nothing was broken into while I was without my security system......