Arlo|Smart Home Security|Wireless HD Security Cameras
× Arlo End of Life Policy Notice
To view Arlo’s new End of Life Policy, click here.

Discussion stats
  • 11 Replies
  • 3 Likes
  • 9 In Conversation
JPav80
Luminary
Luminary
I had a camera go offline today so I figured I would remove it and resync. All the LED indications appear to show that the camera resynced but wouldn't show up on my app or website. I tried several times and then even tried to remove and resync another camera. I ended up with the same problem. I noticed that a firmware update occurred recently. I then tried to factory reset and now can't get any cameras back. Again the LEDs described by Arlo indicate it successfully synced but now I have no cameras. I have several paperweights. Any idea what is happening?
11 REPLIES 11
migman_2001
Luminary
Luminary

There seem to be system issues that Arlo is aware of.

"We are aware of a potential issue with notifications and video recordings that is impacting some customers. Our team is actively investigating this and will provide an update as soon as possible. We appreciate your patience and apologize for the inconvenience."

DjFreddyD
Guide
Guide

yup - removed all 5 of my cameras thinking that it will fix the non-recoring issue, now I cannot re-sync them.

migman_2001
Luminary
Luminary
Arlo is having system issues today.

Our team continues to work on the reported issue where some customers are unable to receive notifications or view video recordings. We appreciate your continued patience as our team continues to resolve this issue. We will provide an update within the next hour. You may check on the current status of Arlo’s systems anytime by visiting: https://status.arlo.com/ Thank you, Arlo Team
Raff213
Initiate
Initiate
Whole system is down, No recordings, my account shows as Arlo smart (which I don’t have and Arlo smart account). Cameras won’t connect to base station? This is the most critical issue I ever had. I love my cameras, never had an issue like this before?. I hope they figure out the problem
JPav80
Luminary
Luminary
Looks like everything is back to normal. Of course since I defaulted everything all my settings are gone so that is a pain. I wish an email from the Arlo team was sent out which would have prevented me from even doing all the camera removal and resync attempts. I personally like the Arlo system features, but it is things like this that keep me from recommending an expensive system like Arlo to family and friends.
ShayneS
Arlo Moderator
Arlo Moderator

Have you tried re-syncing your cameras now. There was an outage last week & services should be up and running now. I have attached a link to the Arlo Status Page - Arlo Status

Waylay
Aspirant
Aspirant
Can't sync any cameras to base since recent updates.

Removed two cameras that would not record. Now I can't add them back to the base. Lights blinking the correct secqunce, but camera doesn't show in the account.
jguerdat
Guru Guru
Guru

Reboot the base. Log out of the app/browser and back in. Try syncing again. If still no good, the fastest thing to do is to reset the system. Remove all devices from Settings, My Devices. Use the Add Device selection on the Devices tab to claim the base normally. Sync the cameras. Update firmware as you go if prompted.

If you do this, be sure to note your various settings, modes, rules and schedule to speed the rebuilding process.

Apprentice
Apprentice
I hope it works. For a customer to have to so this especially when the cams have been mounted high and have to be removed is procedurally insane. The core fault lies with Arlo and it's incompetence to handle this outage. Just the number if days it has gone on along with lack of transparency and fake news that's it has been corrected is a shame.
mccune1970
Aspirant
Aspirant

I removed a camera when it went offline andnow can't add it back on. It went out during the outage that I didn't know anything about and now I've tried 8 times to add it and "No Arlo Devices found" comes up every time. I'm so frustrated!!

ShayneS
Arlo Moderator
Arlo Moderator

Hi @mccune1970

What are the status LED lights displaying on your base station? Have you tried to remove & re-insert the battery > re-sync?