Arlo|Smart Home Security|Wireless HD Security Cameras
× Arlo End of Life Policy Notice
To view Arlo’s new End of Life Policy, click here.

Cannot discover base station

Discussion stats
  • 4 Replies
  • 0 Likes
  • 3 In Conversation
chefkrisp
Aspirant
Aspirant

I have tried resetting my base station multiple times (holding reset until LEDS blink amber) and power cycling yet the app is still not discovering my base station. The power and internet LEDs are green, the camera LED is amber. I am connected to the same network on my phone without VPN. Pro Base Station Three-LED VMB4000 

4 REPLIES 4
Dannybear
Master
Master

I recently factory reset my VMB4000 base station and observed the camera led displays steady amber which I recently was informed by a forum superuser means that the base is ready to be claimed.

Using the mobile app I was able to successfully claim it in a few seconds.

Other super users here suggest that you may have better success using the arlo web portal on a pc browser that is connected to the same network as your base station.

What country are you in and we’re you using a VPN when you created the account?

chefkrisp
Aspirant
Aspirant

I’m in the US and no, I was not using a VPN when I created the account. I have tried connecting to it through the mobile app and the web portal multiple times with no success after resetting it. 

Dannybear
Master
Master

Not certain what else you can do, maybe power cycle the router modem and try again.

I have seen a number of customers recently posting similar issues trying to install unclaimed base stations without any success. Could be a arlo regional server issue.

jguerdat
Guru Guru
Guru

Did you also remove the base and cameras from your account? If they're still there you can't re-add them.