Arlo|Smart Home Security|Wireless HD Security Cameras
× Arlo End of Life Policy Notice
To view Arlo’s new End of Life Policy, click here.

Discussion stats
  • 4 Replies
  • 6 Likes
  • 2 In Conversation
SB-Cole
Tutor
Tutor

I have been attempting to lower my cameras' sensitivity levels but am unable to find the appropriate area in the app to do so.
I reviewed the steps as stated on this help page:

https://community.netgear.com/t5/Arlo-Knowledge-Base/How-do-I-change-the-motion-sensitivity-on-my-Ar...

The problem is when I get to step 3, where it says to click on the device i want to adjust the sensitvity on (within the Mode section), there is only one option displayed - Arlo (with an icon of the base station) - no cameras appear here.  Nor does there appear to be any way to add them in this screen.

What am I missing here?

Cole

4 REPLIES 4
jguerdat
Guru Guru
Guru
Click on the base icon. Just keep going. Your modes are in there.
SB-Cole
Tutor
Tutor

Thank you for the response.  However, I don't think you understood my problem.  I'm not looking for modes in the mode section (which sounds weird). I'm trying to adjust the sensitivity on each camera and the Help page I referenced above said to go to the Mode section and then select a camera:

• Click or tap Mode.
  • Click or tap the device whose motion sensitivity you want to adjust.

I don't want to add a new mode, I want to access each camera's sensitivity control.  When I go into the Mode section, there are no camera options unless I was to create a new mode, which is not what I want to do.

jguerdat
Guru Guru
Guru
You can also edit the default Armed mode using the pencil or > icon to make changes. It may actually be better to create your own custom modes to give yourself complete control as well as to familiarize yourself with the process.
SB-Cole
Tutor
Tutor

Ok, I think I got it now. It's not intuitive nor easy to find so for those who may end up here with the same question, here is what I did to edit each camera's sensitivity levels:

1. select Mode

2. select the Arlo base station icon

3. select the green pencil icon next to the Armed option

4. select the green pencil icon next to the Rule (for each camera) that you want to adjust.

5. select the green pencil icon next to the Detects Motion option.

6. adjust sensitivity slider to desired amount.

7. select the Back and then select Save

8. select Back again to adjust any remaining cameras (rules) you may have.