Arlo|Smart Home Security|Wireless HD Security Cameras
× Arlo End of Life Policy Notice
To view Arlo’s new End of Life Policy, click here.

Cannot Sync VMC3030

Discussion stats
  • 1 Reply
  • 0 Likes
  • 2 In Conversation
arloman2020
Follower
Follower

The blue light to sync will not permanently stay on.  I have swapped new batteries as well as powered the camera using the micro usb port.  It was working just fine a few days ago, all of a sudden I cannot sync to the base station.  The blue light turns on when I plug in the camera, but after pressing, and even pressing and holding the sync button nothing happens.  Not being detected by my base station. 

1 REPLY 1
jguerdat
Guru Guru
Guru

The blue camera LED being on solid indicates a full battery when the charger is connected. Otherwise, it's off. When syncing, the LED should blink blue slowly until synced, when a rapid blue flash happens. It appears that the camera is connected to power (solid blue LED) but the syncing should still occur normally.  WHen attempting to sync, press the base sync button briefly - don't hold it for 2 seconds - and then the camera button. Neither has to be held - perhaps that's the issue. If still failing, try syncing with just the battery installed and also with the battery removed and power applied. Since you're trying to sync a camera that  was previously synced, be sure to remove it from Settings, My Devices first.