Arlo|Smart Home Security|Wireless HD Security Cameras
× Arlo End of Life Policy Notice
To view Arlo’s new End of Life Policy, click here.

Cancelled subscription and can no longer acces cameras

Discussion stats
  • 9 Replies
  • 0 Likes
  • 3 In Conversation
Jmosmc
Aspirant
Aspirant

I recently cancelled my subscription. I still intend to use the cameras, but I can't log in to the app and essentially have no way to access the cameras. To use support I have to use the app.

I am certain a subscription isn't required to use tge cameras, but how do I access them if I'm locked out?

9 REPLIES 9
jguerdat
Guru Guru
Guru

Have you used the "try another method" to get the 2FA code? What about use of a computer browser (my.arlo.com)?

Jmosmc
Aspirant
Aspirant

I don't see a "try another method" option. I have no idea what s 2FA code is.

My.arlo.com takes me to a screen to choose a subscription. I don't see any options to access the cameras.

jguerdat
Guru Guru
Guru

2FA is two-factor authentication where your login attempt causes a code to be sent to you to verify it's really you. The default is to use a text  message but email can also be used.

Are you the owner of the cameras or have you been invited to be able to see the cameras as a guest?

Jmosmc
Aspirant
Aspirant

The app just days invalid account and password. It doesn't take me to any authentication.

Yes I am the owner.

StephenB
Guru Guru
Guru

@Jmosmc wrote:

My.arlo.com takes me to a screen to choose a subscription. I don't see any options to access the cameras.

Sounds like you are using a mobile browser on an iphone or an ipad.

You need to do this on a PC (either windows or mac).

Jmosmc
Aspirant
Aspirant

These are complete garbage if I can only access them via a computer. The advertising is clear the App allows you to access the cameras, but it appears that's an outright lie. 

If I can only access these via computer they are worthless.

StephenB
Guru Guru
Guru

@Jmosmc wrote:

These are complete garbage if I can only access them via a computer.

You certainly can access them from the mobile app. What you can't do is access them from an iOS browser (hopefully will be fixed).

Try logging in again in the app (of course using the correct username/password), and then select email verification when the web push times out.  Monitor your email on a nearby PC, and then enter the code.

Once you are in, you can go into the two-factor authentication settings in the phone app, and then set the phone as trusted.   Then you can log in without that verification.

Jmosmc
Aspirant
Aspirant

I can't log into the app, that's the origination of this string.

StephenB
Guru Guru
Guru

@Jmosmc wrote:

I can't log into the app, that's the origination of this string.

What fails when you try?  Two factor authentication?