Arlo|Smart Home Security|Wireless HD Security Cameras
× Arlo End of Life Policy Notice
To view Arlo’s new End of Life Policy, click here.

Can't view local recordings

Discussion stats
  • 2 Replies
  • 0 Likes
  • 2 In Conversation
ColoArtist
Star
Star

I don't know if this is related or not, but I just noticed a cannot view my local recordings. When I switch to the hub's recordings I get the message "Videos stored on Arlo SmartHub are not available."

There are no recordings at all, not even from days in the past where I know there were recordings.

Same error on my iPhone, iPad and MacBook running Safari.

Logged out and back in. Rebooted the hub. Toggled local recordings off and back on. Reformatted the card. None of it worked...not even any new recordings after all that.

2 REPLIES 2
StephenB
Guru Guru
Guru

@ColoArtist wrote:

Same error on my  ... MacBook running Safari.

Direct access to local storage is only possible in the app - it isn't available in the web browser.   FWIW, I'm not a mac user, but with Windows, the browser doesn't provide any way to select local storage.  All you can do is access cloud storage.

@ColoArtist wrote:

... but I just noticed a cannot view my local recordings. When I switch to the hub's recordings I get the message "Videos stored on Arlo SmartHub are not available."

Logged out and back in. Rebooted the hub. Toggled local recordings off and back on. Reformatted the card. None of it worked...not even any new recordings after all that.

I see this with one of my smarthubs, but not the other.  

But both are actually recording (verified by ejecting the storage, and checking it on a PC).   My issue is access from the app, not the recording itself.

ColoArtist
Star
Star

Thanks. You're right. My mistake.

I had my iPhone, iPad, and MacBook as well as my wife's iPhone all out for testing things. So when switching to local recordings didn't work on either of the iPhones or the iPad in my head I was thinking it wasn't working on three things and included the MacBook.

Good idea about checking for the recordings by plugging the card into another device. I did and yes, the card is being recorded to, it's just the app isn't able to access them anymore.