Arlo|Smart Home Security|Wireless HD Security Cameras
× Arlo End of Life Policy Notice
To view Arlo’s new End of Life Policy, click here.

Discussion stats
  • 19 Replies
  • 3 Likes
  • 10 In Conversation
HB15
Apprentice
Apprentice

I upgraded to the new Ipad Pro 11" 2018 model today and have been unable to log in to my cameras on the device.  I've tried resetting the password and it did not fix the problem.  If I manually enter my password I get an invalid username/password error.  If I select login with Touch ID I don't get any error but I'm stuck on the login screen and can't get past it.  The 2018 Ipads don't have TouchID but they do have the FaceID unlocking.  Usually the apps work fine when using FaceID instead of TouchID so I'm not sure if that is relevant or not.

I'm posting in case anyone has any ideas, or has either success or failure with the new Ipads and can post here so we can see if it's just something I'm doing wrong or a problem with the new Ipads.  I can login fine on older Ipads and my Iphone so I don't think it's a password issue.

Thanks.

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
JessicaP
Arlo Employee Retired

Hi everyone,

Try to download the newest app version, which is version 2.6.2, and see if that resolves the issue.

View solution in original post

19 REPLIES 19
Chkpost
Aspirant
Aspirant

I have the exact same problem.  I’m so sick and tired of this nonsense with Arlo.

IPAD Pro 11 running IOS 12.1 

JessicaP
Arlo Employee Retired

Hey @HB15 and @Chkpost,

What error are you receiving when trying to log in through your iPad Pro 11" model?

HB15
Apprentice
Apprentice

If I manually enter the password I don't get any error.  The screen just doesn't advance past the login.

If I use FaceID to login, I get the error "The username or password is incorrect".  I am using the same username/password combo on both a 10.5" Ipad Pro and an Iphone X without any issues.

Chkpost
Aspirant
Aspirant

Same error scenarios for me as above.  I also uninstalled and reinstalled the Arlo app and the errors are the same.

JessicaP
Arlo Employee Retired

Hey @HB15,

Just to make sure, you mentioned earlier when manually entering your password that you receive an error but sounds like you mention that when manually entering your password, you don't receive an error? Could you elaborate more on this and send a screenshot with the error message?

Including @Chkpost, could you answer and try out the following listed below?

• Try to restart your iPad and try again. Make sure to type in your username and password correctly when logging in.
  • Which other products have you tried logging onto with no issues? Are you also experiencing this issue when logging onto the web client?
  • Are you on the latest iOS version (iOS 12.1) and Arlo app version (ver 2.6.1)?
  • What is the "Region" and "Model #" of your iPad Pro 11-inch 2018 model?
  • When trying to log in, are you experiencing this issue on landscape mode AND portrait mode?
HB15
Apprentice
Apprentice

Jessica,

I have no problems logging in on my 10.5" Ipad Pro or my Iphone X.  The 11" Ipad Pro was just released by Apple yesterday.  It is the first Ipad to have an 11" screen and there are a number of applications that are currently not working correctly.  I believe the issue with the Arlo app is that it is not properly resizing to fit the new screen dimensions.

To answer your questions:

iOS 12.1 (16B92).  Model is Ipad Pro 11" 256GB Wifi.  Region is United States.  The same problem exists in portrait and landscape mode.

The reason I don't get an error message when I manually enter the password is because I'm only able to press the "Enter" key on the virtual keyboard.  The "Login" button does not appear on the app.  I believe this is the resizing issue associated with the 11" screen.  The Login button is apparently off the screen.  

I've rebooted the Ipad and restarted the app many times.  It has not had any effect.

GregJKy
Aspirant
Aspirant

I'm having the exact same problem trying to use the iPad Pro 11.  (no problems with my iPhone)

Glix
Apprentice
Apprentice

I’ve got the same issue.

iPad Pro12.9 cellular 256.

If I use Face ID or try to manually enter in my credentials I can’t get to the page with my cameras.

Matze63
Aspirant
Aspirant

Same problem. But happy that iam not the only one. Tried everything. Old ipad mini and iphone 6s work well. So iam sure it is an problem of „not compatible“ with ipad pro 2018

ESTIM
Aspirant
Aspirant

I am having the same issue but I have the 12.9 iPad Pro it doesn’t let me login it doesn’t even give me an option to click on the login button. The login button disappears when keyboard pops up.

Siloed
Aspirant
Aspirant

I think I figured it out...I was having the same problem and reading everyone’s comments about a resizing issue with the larger iPads I typed in my password and kept getting the same error...but finally got in when I typed in the password and then pinched the screen smaller and the login button appeared so was finally able to log in I hope this helps.

Arlomato
Aspirant
Aspirant

Thnk you for the workaround. Still hope that they get this corrected with another update soon!!!

ESTIM
Aspirant
Aspirant

Just tried pinching the screen  almost worked but I found the easiest way to do it was just slide the screen up from the bottom. The login Button will appear when you slide the screen up

HB15
Apprentice
Apprentice

I was able to eventually get the login button to appear and successfully logged in.  However I still can’t get the cameras to work in “live” mode.  It says the camera is live but all that I see is a still photo of the last image that was captured.  Is live mode working for anyone on the new 11” IPad Pro?  

Live mode works fine on my IPhone so I’m still thinking it’s related to the new Ipad Pros.

mtchairs
Aspirant
Aspirant

Same here. I can now login and view video recorded to the Library, but live video does not work. It connects but I can only see a still picture. Has anyone had a response from Arlo on this issue?

HB15
Apprentice
Apprentice

There was an Arlo employee responding to this thread earlier on but she seems to have abandoned the thread.  I have not tried to reach tech support as the last time I tried I was never able to get a live person to answer the phone, and now that my cameras are more than a year old I don’t believe I have  tech support coverage anyway.

I have a number of other applications that also don’t work on my 11” IPad Pro, so the problems are not limited to Arlo.  Some software developers are more on top of the changes to Apple’s hardware platforms than others.  Arlo seems to be behind on this one.

JessicaP
Arlo Employee Retired

Hi everyone,

Try to download the newest app version, which is version 2.6.2, and see if that resolves the issue.

HB15
Apprentice
Apprentice

With the latest version I am now able to login and see live video on the cameras again.  Thank you for the follow up on this Jessica.  

Chkpost
Aspirant
Aspirant

Works now with the update.  Thanks Jessica !