Arlo|Smart Home Security|Wireless HD Security Cameras
× Arlo End of Life Policy Notice
To view Arlo’s new End of Life Policy, click here.

Can't Connect Fifth Camera

Discussion stats
  • 7 Replies
  • 0 Likes
  • 2 In Conversation
Minus2
Aspirant
Aspirant

Hi,

I have been able to install four cameras that came with the set. However the fifth camera doesn't want to connect using the methods used before.

Camera blinks blue as earlier installations, however it doesn't want to sync to the baseunit. No error messages, it just times out after blinking blie a while and ends with blinking amber/orange in the end before switching off.

Similar to https://community.arlo.com/t5/Arlo-Pro/I-Can-quot-t-Get-My-Arlo-Pro-To-Connect-To-The-Base-Station/t...

Any ideas?

BR

7 REPLIES 7
jguerdat
Guru Guru
Guru

Try rebooting the base. WHen pressing the base sync button, be sure to only briefly press it - don't hold it.

Minus2
Aspirant
Aspirant

It's giving me the same behaviour after reboot and quickly pressing the sync buttons on each unit in order (baseunit -> camera).

Minus2
Aspirant
Aspirant

I tried to reset the entire unit and add the cameras back again. Now none of the cameras wants to sync using previous used methods.

Minus2
Aspirant
Aspirant

Now one camera of the old set of four arlo pro cameras got synced. However the 2nd camera doesn't want to connect in sequence. Can there be interference causing this? I have switched off wifi baseunit nearby to elimited that error source.

Minus2
Aspirant
Aspirant

The camera sync must be very sensitive as I got them to work now. All five units. I found a spot on the table where they synced. Not closer, not further apart. This after switching off wifi signal in the location.

jguerdat
Guru Guru
Guru

If you reset the base, you also need to remove all devices from Settings, My Devices before starting fresh. Claim the base first and then sync the cameras.

Minus2
Aspirant
Aspirant

Yes, I removed all units prior to revoking the baseunit from my Arlo account (with reset). All five cameras are now operational. I've had nothing but problems getting cameras to sync. Which make me wonder what can cause this.

Thank you very much for your reply however. Much appreciated.