Arlo|Smart Home Security|Wireless HD Security Cameras
× Arlo End of Life Policy Notice
To view Arlo’s new End of Life Policy, click here.

Arlo Pro Cost vs Capabilities

Discussion stats
  • 1 Reply
  • 0 Likes
  • 2 In Conversation
KemoSabeFLG
Follower
Follower

In late May my home was broken into by a burglar.  Later on the same day, I purchased a four-camera Arlo Pro package, at a price a bit north of $700.  I thought this camera system would be a good addition to my new home security system.  Set up was a snap, and the following week I left on a 5 day weekend trip.  Prior to leaving, I activated my camera system.  By the end of my trip, I had received over 500 emails notifying of motion detected ... all were objects blowing in the wind or cars passing on the street.  I began to think this set up was mostly bogus out of the box, but I thought I would see if I could tweak the set up.  Well, no dice.  No way to adjust sensitivity or any other custom setting for that matter.  Now I come to find out that I can have exactly the same features I felt this system should have for the price   ... for an additional $10 per month.  I'm not feeling the love here.  In fact, I feel that I am being nickeled and dimed.  For a system that cost over $700, I think the capabilities should be much greater than they are for the cost.  Call me pissed at Arlo/NetGear in Flagstaff.

1 REPLY 1
steve_t
Master Master
Master

Please read the instructions and FAQs. You will find that you have the ability to change the sensitivity of each individual camera on a scale of 1-100. You may want to familiarise yourself with the capabilities of these systems before you get pissed off. After reading how the systems work, I recommend you create at least one custom recording mode and set each camera's sensitivity and maybe the duration of recording; whether you want motion or audio or both to trigger the cameras; whether you want push or email notifications or both or neither; whether you want the siren to sound; whether you want to use a USB backup in case your internet connection goes down...