Arlo|Smart Home Security|Wireless HD Security Cameras
× Arlo End of Life Policy Notice
To view Arlo’s new End of Life Policy, click here.

Discussion stats
  • 4 Replies
  • 2 Likes
  • 4 In Conversation
Batchelor
Aspirant
Aspirant

If I take the battery out and plug the usb cable into the camera...then into the power socket,will this run ok? Effectively I am trying to hardwire the camera,rather than relly on the rechargable battery. Also can anyone tell me...If I use the rechargeable battery only,how long before the battery would need to be recharged with normal use? Thanks!

NOTE: The camera is model number VMS4330  (The model up top is incorrect but as close as the dropdown box would allow)

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
TomMac
Guru Guru
Guru

Yes. the PRO can run from the adapter and cable WITH or WITHOUT the battery installed.  It will not hurt the battery to be left in all the time with the AC adapter

The Pro battery for me runs about 3 months normal / plus usage

--------------------------------------
Morse is faster than texting!

View solution in original post

4 REPLIES 4
TomMac
Guru Guru
Guru

Yes. the PRO can run from the adapter and cable WITH or WITHOUT the battery installed.  It will not hurt the battery to be left in all the time with the AC adapter

The Pro battery for me runs about 3 months normal / plus usage

Morse is faster than texting!
Batchelor
Aspirant
Aspirant

Thankyou! As it is a new house build,I may as well look at a hard-wiring option,this looks to be the easiest..Cheers!

kholoud
Aspirant
Aspirant

hi

can i buy extra USB cable to connect all my camera, i mean does arlo website sell the USB cable alone ?

jguerdat
Guru Guru
Guru

Not that I'm aware of but other cables should work.  The issue may be the plastic surround on the cable may need a little trimming.