Arlo|Smart Home Security|Wireless HD Security Cameras
× Arlo End of Life Policy Notice
To view Arlo’s new End of Life Policy, click here.

Can I continuously record everything regardless of movement outside

Discussion stats
  • 1 Reply
  • 0 Likes
  • 2 In Conversation
Technicalx
Aspirant
Aspirant

Just realized that if I set up a schedule, say 8am to 5pm to monitor i get notifications of any movement on my 4 cameras and a recording of what took place.   However, between 5pm and 8am no recordings take place because it's outside the schedule.  This seems to be a flaw in the designers logic as any intrusions between 5pm to 8am are not captured.  

I really don't want or need a notification that I moved from the front room to the back yard every couple of minutes when I'm home but do during the work schedule I created.   I would still want the recordings to take place outside the schedule but without the notifications.   I shouldn't have to manually turn on/off the notifications to my phone during the times I'm at home, just so I get a recording.   

Perhaps a design/code change could be introduced to allow this to take place.   I realize it's a drain on the battery and storage, but it's worth it for security purposes.   A simple option to allow 'Record outside armed Schedule' would suffice.   

1 REPLY 1
JessicaP
Arlo Employee Retired

Hey Technicalx,

If you want to turn off your notifications temporarily but still want recordings going on, feel free to use the Mute Notifications feature. You can read on how to use it here: What is the Mute Notifications feature and how do I use it?