Arlo|Smart Home Security|Wireless HD Security Cameras
× Arlo End of Life Policy Notice
To view Arlo’s new End of Life Policy, click here.

Discussion stats
  • 3 Replies
  • 0 Likes
  • 2 In Conversation
Gmhconst
Aspirant
Aspirant

Can the Arlo Pro, 4 camera system work off Straight Talk MiFi or Wi-Fi hotspot ? Isn't a hot spot a hot spot ? Internet service is internet service ! From the hotspot isn't the Wi-Fi extender connected to the hotspot then to the router and then to the base station to make a complete circuit you're still getting internet connection Within ? Excuse me for my ignorance but I am a novice to this sort of thing. Thank you in advance for any help !

3 REPLIES 3
TomMac
Guru Guru
Guru

The Arlo Pro base unit needs an etherent connection to function... it will ( should ) work off a hotspot that has a etherent port.  It can NOT just work on a wifi/hotspot connection without the port

--------------------------------------
Morse is faster than texting!
--------------------------------------
Gmhconst
Aspirant
Aspirant
Thank you for your rapid response . my question, I guess is, doesn't the Wi-Fi extender and router have ethernet ports to connect to that base station ? As I mentioned in my original post I wanted to get the Straight Talk hotspot, which a Wi-Fi extender would connect to and then transfer to a router and then into the base station. Again, the Wi-Fi extender and router I believe have ethernet ports, is that not correct?
Thank you for your response. I don't know much but have read up a ton on this, just not finding what I need. My system should be here this Wednesday.
Gmhconst
Aspirant
Aspirant

Maybe this picture and lay out of my house and where I want cameras placed along with the hotspot at one end of the house and the extender , router and base station at the opposite corner would be helpful.