Arlo|Smart Home Security|Wireless HD Security Cameras
× Arlo End of Life Policy Notice
To view Arlo’s new End of Life Policy, click here.

Arlo Pro wants to detect everything BUT people movement

Discussion stats
  • 2 Replies
  • 0 Likes
  • 2 In Conversation
EOSJOE
Apprentice
Apprentice

I'm a relatively new Arlo Pro user. I've had the cameras about 45 days. I have three Arlo Pro cameras deployed running wireless on battery. One at the front door, back door and side door.

The one at the front door is very finicky about detecting people coming up our sidewalk. The sidewalk is curved and foot traffic for the 10 feet farthest away comes towards the camera and then it sweeps to the right and has 15 feet or so with movement perpendicular to the camera.

I've tried multiple camera positions and it just refuses to detect someone walking up the driveway. It will detect a car pulling up over 40 feet away but once they get out of the car the recording event stops and doesn't start again until they are standing in front of the front door. I've tried motion sensitivity settings ranging from 100 to 50. It will even record me on the riding mower in the driveway almost 50 feet away but someone on the sidewalk 10 feet away it ignores. My camera at the back door seems to also detect vehicle motion almost 50 feet away.

Going up and down the ladder to try new camera positions is getting old. Can anyone give me any ideas on why the camera will detect motion fron a vehicle or riding mower almost 50 feet away yet refuses to detect someone coming up my sidewalk 10 feet away?

Thanks.

2 REPLIES 2
JessicaP
Arlo Employee Retired

Hey EOSJOE,

Have you tried using the motion detection test to see if that can help with positioning your Arlo Pro camera? You can read here on how to use the motion detection test: How do I use the motion detection test for my Arlo device?

EOSJOE
Apprentice
Apprentice

Thank you for the reply. I have tried using the motion test by myself but I think I need to enlist a helper so I can avoid running up and down the ladder.