Arlo|Smart Home Security|Wireless HD Security Cameras
× Arlo End of Life Policy Notice
To view Arlo’s new End of Life Policy, click here.

Not receiving push notifications on Samsung Note 8 running Android Pie

Discussion stats
  • 4 Replies
  • 0 Likes
  • 2 In Conversation
Toby65
Aspirant
Aspirant

It started a few months ago, I've scoured the message boards & none of the solutions work, I'm not getting real time notifications anymore on android P even after downgrading to older versions of the arlo app. I do get the email notifications but of course they're not instant so that makes them pretty useless by way of alerting me of a potential intruder.

I have a GS7 running nugant that works fine so I know it's not the system but this whole thing is driving me insane because I have a USELESS $600 sack of bricks as far as I'm concerned & tech support isn't worth the time from all the complaints I'm hearing so I'm hoping you all might have an idea specifically for the NOTE 8 RUNNING ON PIE.

4 REPLIES 4
JessicaP
Arlo Employee Retired

Hi Toby65,

What troubleshooting steps have you tried taking to resolve your issue?

Toby65
Aspirant
Aspirant

All the possible options

cleared caches, deleted data, reinstalled, changed notification settings, removed any possible conflicting apks. reset the base station, reset the cameras, removed the cameras & re-added them individually. I also tried other versions of the app which do not work on pie either.

As I said it's working fine on my other android phone.

JessicaP
Arlo Employee Retired

I would suggest to contact the Support Team to further investigate this issue. You will find several options for contacting support in the provided link.

Toby65
Aspirant
Aspirant

Yea, so maybe you missed that part where I said I've heard ENOUGH of the nightmares people have been posting about how unhelpful tech support has been. This problem has been going on FOR MORE THAN 6 MONTHS & I have one of the most popular flagship phones out there & I know you all know this has been an ongoing issue, if you had a fix for it you would have fixed the app by now so I'm happy to take my chances with other unfortunate users like myself.