Arlo|Smart Home Security|Wireless HD Security Cameras
× Arlo End of Life Policy Notice
To view Arlo’s new End of Life Policy, click here.

Discussion stats
  • 8 Replies
  • 2 Likes
  • 8 In Conversation
Bjorken
Follower
Follower

Recently I purchased an Arlo system. It would create an extra value to have an Arlo Pro in at least one of the areas. Can I just add an Arlo Pro to the system I alredy have i.e. can I use the same router?

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
JamesC
Community Manager
Community Manager

Bjorken,

Yes, the Arlo Pro is backward compatible with the Arlo Wire-Free base station.

JamesC

View solution in original post

8 REPLIES 8
JamesC
Community Manager
Community Manager

Bjorken,

Yes, the Arlo Pro is backward compatible with the Arlo Wire-Free base station.

JamesC

MichaelChatt007
Initiate
Initiate

I have an Arlo system installed with 8 Arlo cameras and 3 Arlo Q cameras. I'm planning to add a Smartthings system very soon.  What am I giving up if I use the new Arlo Pro cameras with my 6 month old base station? Can I use the entire system and new Arlo plus cameras with the Smartthings environment? Or is the new offering an Arlo based alternative to the Smartthings solution?

jguerdat
Guru Guru
Guru

Read the documentation and FAQs on the Pro - most info is available there.

The extra features of the Pro are said to not be available if you use a Pro on an old base station - the siren and the USB capability.

keithws
Initiate
Initiate

Netgear, please update the old Arlo base station to support the USB local storage option. I'd be more likely to expand my system with more camera's with USB local storage.

Barbhamill
Aspirant
Aspirant

Will i still get the benifit of the quicker (better) motion detction of the pro,  and does the pro have a greater range of detection or does it just trigger quicker?

jguerdat
Guru Guru
Guru

Are you asking about using a Pro on an original base?  If so, any feature of the Pro camera will work fine.  The features of the base will not be available - that requires the Pro base. So, the answer to your questions is yes, yes and yes.

TeamRedbirds
Aspirant
Aspirant

Just installed our Arlo cameras yesterday. We've never has security cameras before so we are new to this.  Does anyone know if you add a 3rd camera can you add an Arlo Pro camera to a system that is running the regular Arlo cameras?

Thanks

Mike

manfredz
Hero
Hero

Adding an Arlo Pro to a regular arlo system or visa versa is no problem