Arlo|Smart Home Security|Wireless HD Security Cameras
× Arlo End of Life Policy Notice
To view Arlo’s new End of Life Policy, click here.

Discussion stats
  • 2 Replies
  • 0 Likes
  • 3 In Conversation
Jason904
Follower
Follower
All three of my cameras will not charge. I get the exclamation point that there is a problem. The temperature is within the recommended range and the cameras have been brought inside to charge. I purchased this system only one year ago.
2 REPLIES 2
ByeArlo
Star
Star

Netgear likely pushed a firmware update some while back to purposely break charging capability for any third-party/non-Netgear micro USB cable. (The apparent goal was to force Arlo users to buy their proprietary charging cable at exorbitant cost, given that we all have multiple charging bricks and micro USB cables in our junk drawers.) That "breaking" process in turn almost certainly interfered with all camera charging, period. Best thing to do is buy a separate battery charging dock -- this way you charge the battery directly, rather than having to charge "through" the camera if that makes sense. Stinks to have to pay for this, but it's a minor cost for more convenience. I bought this one and really like it, lets you charge two batteries at once: https://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B07L1LR15C/ref=ppx_yo_dt_b_search_asin_title?ie=UTF8&psc=1 There are a ton of similar options on Amazon, it's the easiest work-around you'll likely find.

StephenB
Guru Guru
Guru

@Jason904 wrote:
All three of my cameras will not charge. I get the exclamation point that there is a problem. The temperature is within the recommended range and the cameras have been brought inside to charge. I purchased this system only one year ago.

Have you tried another charger?