Arlo|Smart Home Security|Wireless HD Security Cameras
× Arlo End of Life Policy Notice
To view Arlo’s new End of Life Policy, click here.

Single camera keeps going offline/won't stay online. Tried removing and re-adding and reset.

Discussion stats
  • 3 Replies
  • 0 Likes
  • 3 In Conversation
ByeArlo
Star
Star

Hi everyone, I have four Arlo Pro cameras, yet recently one of them keeps taking itself offline. I don't think it's damaged from the elements as it's in a pretty protected location outside. I've removed and re-added it several times to the base station, and have even factory reset and reconfigured the base station. Each time I take these steps the camera will function normally for a few hours, but then will go offline. I don't believe there's a way to factory reset the individual camera, correct? If not, any suggestions on what I should do? The camera is almost four years old, so if it's "dead" I may just replace it.

3 REPLIES 3
jguerdat
Guru Guru
Guru

Swap cameras around to see if it's the location or the camera causing this. If it's the location, check for something nearby that could be interfering with the signal - a device that uses 2.4GHz (not just WiFi) or a metal object that's in the direct line between the camera and base. Moving either the camera or base a bit may produce big changes in the signal.

ByeArlo
Star
Star

Thanks for the suggestion! It's a good idea, but I don't think it'll help my situation. This one particular buggy camera is actually closest to the base station compared to the other three I have -- in fact, the one farthest away is almost four times the distance, operates without any problems. The buggy camera is about 8 feet away so the location shouldn't be the issue. Welcome any other thoughts!

StephenB
Guru Guru
Guru

@ByeArlo wrote:

The buggy camera is about 8 feet away so the location shouldn't be the issue. Welcome any other thoughts!

I suggest trying it anyway.  There could still be wifi interference.

You can't restart a camera from the web ui or app, but removing/reinserting the battery will reboot it.