Arlo|Smart Home Security|Wireless HD Security Cameras
× Arlo End of Life Policy Notice
To view Arlo’s new End of Life Policy, click here.

Discussion stats
  • 5 Replies
  • 0 Likes
  • 3 In Conversation
jbrown111
Aspirant
Aspirant

I have an Arlo Pro and I recharged the battery on one camera last week, and now movement is not detected on either of my cameras. I can click the Live button and the camera works and is connected with my base station. Amy ideas?

I am using iOS 11.  Firmware ends in 15695. 

Jeff

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
zrryan2
Aspirant
Aspirant

HA, I fixed it.  Here is what fixed mine;

FIRST - log in to your Arlo home screen, and click on the problem camera's gear wheel (for cam settings).  Scroll down and click on remove this device.

Second - remove the battery from the problem cam.

Third - wait about a minute

Fourth - reinstall the battery

Fifth - on your computer's Arlo home screen, click on add a device and follow the instructions to add a cam.

View solution in original post

5 REPLIES 5
jguerdat
Guru Guru
Guru

Are the running men for each camera in the Devices tab black? If gray, they're disarmed and won't record. If so, use the Mode tab, select your base and check which mode is selected. A power cycle of the base may help, too.

jbrown111
Aspirant
Aspirant

Yes, they are black, and I tried taking the power cord out and back in already. This has me stumped. 

jguerdat
Guru Guru
Guru

I would remove one camera from Settings, My Devices and resync it to see if that makes a difference. If so, repeat the process with the others. Also, try turning on your notifications to see if it's a library issue rather than something else. If you get notifications, recordings should be happening but aren't visible for some reason.

zrryan2
Aspirant
Aspirant

I have experienced the EXACT SAME problem yesterday.  I recharged a cam and now motion detection stopped working...

So far, no success at figuring out why.  Arlo Pro system.  Running man is black.

Please update if anyone finds the solution !

zrryan2
Aspirant
Aspirant

HA, I fixed it.  Here is what fixed mine;

FIRST - log in to your Arlo home screen, and click on the problem camera's gear wheel (for cam settings).  Scroll down and click on remove this device.

Second - remove the battery from the problem cam.

Third - wait about a minute

Fourth - reinstall the battery

Fifth - on your computer's Arlo home screen, click on add a device and follow the instructions to add a cam.