Arlo|Smart Home Security|Wireless HD Security Cameras
× Arlo End of Life Policy Notice
To view Arlo’s new End of Life Policy, click here.

Discussion stats
  • 4 Replies
  • 0 Likes
  • 3 In Conversation
Pnb1
Aspirant
Aspirant

My cameras were offline and I read to delete and reinstall. I now cannot hey base to connect to router and base won’t light up with internet light(does all lights when first powered on). I even tried a new Ethernet cable and did not work. I do see an Arlo connection under WiFi but then it asks for a password. Do I connect to home WiFi or Arlo WiFi? I have been messing with this for about 2 weeks now. I have followed all suggestions listed with connections. Please help!

4 REPLIES 4
jguerdat
Guru Guru
Guru

Since we don't know all the actions you tried, do the following:

- Remove all devices from Settings, My Devices

- Hold the reset button until the LEDs flash amber

- Let the base reboot to green power and Internet LEDs

- Claim the base normally using the Add Device button on the Cameras tab

- Sync the cameras normally

- Update firmware as you gho if prompted

StephenB
Guru Guru
Guru

@Pnb1 wrote:

I do see an Arlo connection under WiFi but then it asks for a password. Do I connect to home WiFi or Arlo WiFi?

The cameras will connect to the Arlo WiFi automatically - you don't enter a password for them.

You connect your phone, computer, and other devices to your home WiFi.

Pnb1
Aspirant
Aspirant

Thanks for your reply.  I have tried all of these steps numerous times.  I have had the system for a few years.  I think the base station may just be broke.  The internet light just won’t come on.  It has been the same set up for the past few years and everything was working fine until it was saying everything was off line.  I read to uninstall and reinstall and have not been able to reestablish a connection since.  I have router through ATT, if that would make any sort of difference.

StephenB
Guru Guru
Guru

@Pnb1 wrote:

I think the base station may just be broke.  The internet light just won’t come on.  

That is possible.  If you haven't checked the cabling, you should do that.  Maybe also try shifting to a different router LAN port.

If that doesn't help, you could try contacting support:  https://www.arlo.com/en-us/support/contact.aspx