Arlo|Smart Home Security|Wireless HD Security Cameras
× Arlo End of Life Policy Notice
To view Arlo’s new End of Life Policy, click here.

Discussion stats
  • 7 Replies
  • 1 Like
  • 3 In Conversation
lildaddy75249
Aspirant
Aspirant

hello all i  turned my arlo pro system off over night batteries were good  when i turn the system back on the next morning one camera battery was at 21% from 98%. any advice ?     i jus replaced battery in the camera that loss battery power

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
jguerdat
Guru Guru
Guru

The cameras were trying to reconnect to the base which was off. Never turn off the base without removing batteries. Better yet, just leave everything on and use either the Disarmed mode or the On/Off switch in Settings, My Devices, your cameras.

View solution in original post

7 REPLIES 7
Streak2
Master Master
Master

When you say that you turned the system off do you mean that you disarmed it?

Did you check the battery status using an app on your phone or the web interface?

You can try and reset the camera by opening and closing the battery door on the camera.

I guess it could also be a battery problem if resetting (and resyncing if necessary) does not resolve the issue.

jguerdat
Guru Guru
Guru

The cameras were trying to reconnect to the base which was off. Never turn off the base without removing batteries. Better yet, just leave everything on and use either the Disarmed mode or the On/Off switch in Settings, My Devices, your cameras.

lildaddy75249
Aspirant
Aspirant

yes i turn the base off   i check batteries via web and i open and close battery door on camera

jguerdat
Guru Guru
Guru
Again, DON'T turn off the base. Use only the software switches I mention above.
lildaddy75249
Aspirant
Aspirant

understand that part but the battery is draining to fast in 2 hrs

jguerdat
Guru Guru
Guru
2% in that time isn't necessarily an issue. I replied in your other new thread. Give it time - if it continues at 2% in two hours, you may have an issue, whether hardware or position. Give it time and keep track.
lildaddy75249
Aspirant
Aspirant

will do thx