Arlo|Smart Home Security|Wireless HD Security Cameras
× Arlo End of Life Policy Notice
To view Arlo’s new End of Life Policy, click here.

Discussion stats
  • 12 Replies
  • 0 Likes
  • 4 In Conversation
racingcircuits
Aspirant
Aspirant
I keep having an issue with my arlo cameras, where I check the feed and they are offline. Very concerned as they are down approx 50% of the time I check. The base station is always online, so I know the internet connection is good. I’ve tried all the suggestions and troubleshooting, but they seem to just come back by themselves.
Any advice would be appreciated as at the moment they are less than useless
12 REPLIES 12
StephenB
Guru Guru
Guru

@racingcircuits wrote:
I keep having an issue with my arlo cameras, where I check the feed and they are offline. Very concerned as they are down approx 50% of the time I check. The base station is always online, so I know the internet connection is good. I’ve tried all the suggestions and troubleshooting, but they seem to just come back by themselves.

This sounds like a problem on the camera->base link.

What signal strength are you seeing? 

If the base station is right next to your router, try moving it further away (as far as the ethernet cable will reach).

racingcircuits
Aspirant
Aspirant
I can’t say on signal strength as they are currently down again. The router is approx 10 feet away from the base. The base is on the top of an office. This is in an open workshop, so there are no obstacles between the cameras and the base. Cameras are approx 15 feet away from the base. There are 3 cameras on the system, and when 1 goes down they are all down. They either all work, or none work,
jguerdat
Guru Guru
Guru

Try removing the cameras from Settings, My Devices and resync them.

racingcircuits
Aspirant
Aspirant
That will work, but I can’t keep doing that the time 🤷‍♂️
It also take ages to get to pair
racingcircuits
Aspirant
Aspirant
I’ve paired the cameras back up, and they all have full signal
racingcircuits
Aspirant
Aspirant
Left the workshop, 10 minute drive home, now offline again!
racingcircuits
Aspirant
Aspirant
10 minutes later
jguerdat
Guru Guru
Guru

I've had occasional issues like this but not as frequent as you seem to have. When this happens to me I force close the app and re-open it. That always gets me the cameras properly. Have you tried that?

StephenB
Guru Guru
Guru

@racingcircuits wrote:
There are 3 cameras on the system, and when 1 goes down they are all down. They either all work, or none work,

This suggests that the issue is with your base station.  The next time it fails, can you check the base LED status and tell us what it is?  https://kb.arlo.com/000039100/What-do-the-LEDs-on-my-Arlo-SmartHub-or-base-station-mean

FWIW, I have one base that tends to go off-line after a firmware update.  The fastest way to resolve it is to

1. remove it from the account
  2. power cycle it
  3. add it back

The cloud remembers the cameras, and I don't need to resync them - just re-add them to the base.

It is a nuisance, and I wish it were fixed.

racingcircuits
Aspirant
Aspirant

Thanks for the reply @StephenB
When the cameras are showing offline the Internet is solid green, whilst the camera led shows no led.

I’ve reset the base quite a few times, following the procedure you’ve outlined. When it comes back it’s almost as a virgin unit, so parameters have to be reset, cameras re-linked

That’s his I e

ShayneS
Arlo Moderator
Arlo Moderator

Please contact the Support Team to further investigate this issue. You will find several options for contacting support in the provided link. Arlo Tech Support

racingcircuits
Aspirant
Aspirant
Thanks for the reply, I’ve spoken to Tech who are looking into it for me.Cheers