Discussion stats
  • 5 Replies
  • 0 Likes
  • 3 In Conversation
HandJ
Aspirant
Aspirant

Hi,

we bought an Arlo package from Costco a few years ago.  The base is VMB4000 and we have 3 cameras, model VMC 4030.  A couple of days ago the cameras stopped working.  We have reset the base, removed and reinstalled the batteries in the cameras, pressed and held sync multiple times, but not getting the blue LED light, only orange (blinking), and the base can’t find the cameras.  I have removed the battery, pressed the sync button while reinstalling the battery, which gives me a blue LED light for a second before it goes away and then blinks orange for a little.  Still not able to sync to the base.  I have 2 green lights on the base, but the one to the right is not lighting up.  Can anyone help?  We do not have a subscription; is that the problem?

5 REPLIES 5
DannyBearAgain
Master
Master

Have you tried manually syncing the cameras to the base station?

momentarily press the base top sync button then press the camera sync button.

jguerdat
Guru Guru
Guru

Note that the FAQ for camera resets is inaccurate - the Pro 2 and older wireless cameras can't be reset by holding the sync button. Reinserting the battery is all you can do.

Define "reset the base" - did you reboot/power cycle the base or did you hold the reset button until the LEDs flashed amber? The former is not a reset. Also, when the camera's LED flashes amber after reinstalling the battery, is it a rapid flash or very slow? The rapid one indicated no connection to the base while the slow one means the battery needs charging.

What exactly have you tried and what do you see? If you actually reset the base, you also need to remove ALL devices from your account and start fresh, as if new. If the base was not reset but you're just trying to reconnect the cameras, remove one camera from your account and then use the procedure above from @DannyBearAgain to see if that works. You can't re-sync a camera that's already in your account so you have to remove it first.

HandJ
Aspirant
Aspirant

Hi,

Thank you; yes - I did try this, without success.

Regards,

Heidi

HandJ
Aspirant
Aspirant

Sorry; this was intended as an answer to @DannyBearAgain 

DannyBearAgain
Master
Master

@HandJ 

On which platform are you using the arlo app on to add the cameras? Apple, Android or pc.

There has been previous reports that the arlo app is unable to add cameras.