Arlo|Smart Home Security|Wireless HD Security Cameras
× Arlo End of Life Policy Notice
To view Arlo’s new End of Life Policy, click here.

Cameras not capturing movement

Discussion stats
  • 11 Replies
  • 0 Likes
  • 3 In Conversation
Stressgirl2020
Aspirant
Aspirant

I have 3 cameras set up and only one seems to be capturing movement. All are working and the live video feed is great but no notifications for 2 out of the 3 cameras. The one camera that is sending notifications is working great. All sensitivity on cameras is 100%, volume 100% and charged 85%. What is the issue?

11 REPLIES 11
StephenB
Guru Guru
Guru

@Stressgirl2020 wrote:
I have 3 cameras set up and only one seems to be capturing movement. All are working and the live video feed is great but no notifications for 2 out of the 3 cameras. The one camera that is sending notifications is working great. All sensitivity on cameras is 100%, volume 100% and charged 85%. What is the issue?

Can you make manual recording from the problem cameras?

Stressgirl2020
Aspirant
Aspirant
Yes
Stressgirl2020
Aspirant
Aspirant
And the model is Arlo pro
StephenB
Guru Guru
Guru

Are you just missing the notifications, but getting the motion recordings?

Stressgirl2020
Aspirant
Aspirant
I’m not getting notifications or motion recordings only live feed and manual recordings.
StephenB
Guru Guru
Guru

@Stressgirl2020 wrote:
I’m not getting notifications or motion recordings only live feed and manual recordings.

Ok.  Have you looked in the mode, and make sure the rule for the camera is there?

Stressgirl2020
Aspirant
Aspirant
The mode says that all cameras are active for motion. The cameras are brand new as I just bought and set up 5 days ago. Maybe I missed something in set up for those cameras. However I did the exact same step by step for each camera during installation
StephenB
Guru Guru
Guru

@Stressgirl2020 wrote:
The mode says that all cameras are active for motion. The cameras are brand new as I just bought and set up 5 days ago. Maybe I missed something in set up for those cameras. However I did the exact same step by step for each camera during installation

Have you tried running the motion detection test on the camera?  https://kb.arlo.com/1114344/How-do-I-use-the-motion-detection-test-for-my-Arlo-device

Stressgirl2020
Aspirant
Aspirant
I have on both cameras. One camera is finally working but one I’m not getting any motion detection and I’m saved at 100% motion detection
ShayneS
Arlo Moderator
Arlo Moderator

HI @Stressgirl2020

Have you tried to remove & reinstall the camera(s) within the app, then reboot the base station?f

Stressgirl2020
Aspirant
Aspirant
No, not yet. I will give that a try thank you!