Arlo|Smart Home Security|Wireless HD Security Cameras
× Arlo End of Life Policy Notice
To view Arlo’s new End of Life Policy, click here.

Cameras detecting motion but not recording and saving to library

Discussion stats
  • 16 Replies
  • 1 Like
  • 8 In Conversation
Elsiehoskin
Tutor
Tutor

Arlo Pro new base station June'17. Firmware 1.9.0.0_14639. All cameras and system working properly till today.  The cameras are sensing motion (red led showing), motion man on screen showing black and when detecting motion turns orange.  The cameras are not recording anymore.  (Batteries are full). The settings haven't been changed.  Mode = armed. Motion settings are correct.  The cameras are working when manually recording.  Recordings showing in library for manual recordings. Modem and base station connected. Any suggestions?

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
JamesC
Community Manager
Community Manager

See here: Arlo Outage

We are aware of an issue where some customers are temporarily unable to access videos recorded prior to 2:30 AM Pacific time in their library.   The ARLO team is actively working to restore this feature as soon as possible. 

Please note that all your videos are safe and the camera system is working. You will continue to get alerts for new activity recorded by the camera system.

All data recorded after this time will be accessible, and we will update this page once the issue is resolved.

We apologize for any inconvenience this might cause.

Stay tuned!

Best regards,
The Arlo Team

View solution in original post

16 REPLIES 16
Daspider
Aspirant
Aspirant

I'm having the same issue - seems to have stopped after 7:30a EST yesterday.

DamienT
Guide
Guide
I am experiencing the same issue, all of the cameras do sent out alerts but just stop recording as of this morning.
Daspider
Aspirant
Aspirant

Seems to be working now...

DamienT
Guide
Guide
Correct. Seem to be back to normal now, however, all the missing clips as of last night and this morning are missing
Daspider
Aspirant
Aspirant

Yeah same here - I have a gap from about 7:30am EST on 10/2 until 9am EST on 10/3

JamesC
Community Manager
Community Manager

I've escalated this topic and the engineering team is currently investigating. I will provide an update when I have more information.

JamesC

T369
Star
Star

I had my Arlo Pro for about a week now. Geofencing doesn’t work, but other than that the system worked fine until now. I started noticing that the cameras would only alert and record the first instance of motion. Subsequent motions are not recorded nor am I alerted.

When this happens I noticed that the motion icon (when looking at the devices screen) is lit up (yellow color) and won’t turn off (turn back to black), so any motion during this time is not alerted nor recorded.

I have to reset it by turning live view on and off. Then the motion icon turns back to black. Now I get alerted to the next motion and video is recorded. But then it get stuck again and I have to repeat the process.

T369
Star
Star

It's back to working normally now, which makes me think that this was a server side issue since I didn't change anything within the app. Anyways, the motion icon/indicator in the app's devices doesn't stay on indefinitely anymore. Hopefully, it won't occur again.

Timmay
Aspirant
Aspirant

Can this be opened as a new issue?  I just contacted support (terrible experience BTW) about the same thing except I'm using standard Armed mode versus Geofencing.  Support didn't have a clue and suggested I remove all of my cameras and resync. I have 5 cameras (4 exterior, 1 interior) and 4 displayed this issue.  The one interior camera did not but it is in a location that rarely has activity so I'm assuming that is why it was not in the frozen state. I've added a screenshot (edited to protect the innocent) to illustrate the status of the cameras when the issues is occuring.

I started noticing that the cameras would only alert and record the first instance of motion. Subsequent motions are not recorded nor am I alerted.

When this happens I noticed that the motion icon (when looking at the devices screen) is lit up (yellow color) and won’t turn off (turn back to black), so any motion during this time is not alerted nor recorded.

I have to reset it by turning live view on and off. Then the motion icon turns back to black. Now I get alerted to the next motion and video is recorded. But then it get stuck again and I have to repeat the process.

TRE
Aspirant
Aspirant

My problem started about 1:00 am PST 10/25/17 all cloud back up erased and only one camera recording but all the others detecting motion. Is there a way to get the storage back, and what happened?

JamesC
Community Manager
Community Manager

See here: Arlo Outage

We are aware of an issue where some customers are temporarily unable to access videos recorded prior to 2:30 AM Pacific time in their library.   The ARLO team is actively working to restore this feature as soon as possible. 

Please note that all your videos are safe and the camera system is working. You will continue to get alerts for new activity recorded by the camera system.

All data recorded after this time will be accessible, and we will update this page once the issue is resolved.

We apologize for any inconvenience this might cause.

Stay tuned!

Best regards,
The Arlo Team

Timmay
Aspirant
Aspirant

Something is still wrong. Most of the clips are back from the outage period but for today, my app shows I have zero videos for several cameras but when I click to go to the library, it is full of videos from this morning.

jguerdat
Guru Guru
Guru

Don't forget that checking the library resets the counters in the Devices tab.

Timmay
Aspirant
Aspirant

jguerdat wrote:

Don't forget that checking the library resets the counters in the Devices tab.

Thanks. Does someone else checking them on their phone reset it on all other devices or is that an indepedent item?

jguerdat
Guru Guru
Guru

Just tested that. Using a different account to check only clears the counters in that login and not in anyone else's.