Arlo|Smart Home Security|Wireless HD Security Cameras
× Arlo End of Life Policy Notice
To view Arlo’s new End of Life Policy, click here.

Discussion stats
  • 41 Replies
  • 9 Likes
  • 13 In Conversation
Mcfrosty
Guide
Guide
This week, my cameras and recordings have disappeared 3 times from the app on my iPhone. The base station is still there. First time, they reappeared hours later. Yesterday, I deleted the app and reinstalled it, and they came back. Today, they disappeared again. Tried delete/reinstall but no help. Still getting notifications. Working fine on iPad. Any ideas?
41 REPLIES 41
craigferriter
Aspirant
Aspirant

Same here.  11 Cameras, paid plan, IOS 13.x.  Been having this issue off/on for last week.  About to replace with another platform.

StephenB
Guru Guru
Guru

@dcfox1 wrote:
The reason they ask for a model numbers is that not all models are having this issue and narrowing down will help. I have an Iphone 8 and have no issues. 

FWIW, I'm not seeing this on my iPhone 12 mini

ShayneS
Arlo Moderator
Arlo Moderator

HI @craigferriter

Can you try updating to the latest version of iOS and try again.

Thank you

Sandroo
Star
Star

I did install the latest update to iOS 14.4.2, however the cameras reappeared before the update finished downloading. To clarify: the cameras magically reappeared while still running iOS 14.4.1. I finished installing the update, my iPad Mini is now running 14.4.2 and all cameras have remained visible, the problem of missing cameras has not reoccured.

Mcfrosty
Guide
Guide

I’m running the latest version-14.4.2 

the cameras and recordings are appearing off and on throughout the day on the app.  

Mcfrosty
Guide
Guide
Mcfrosty
Guide
Guide

iPhone 11

IOS 14.4.2

The Arlo app shows version 3.1 (2105), released Mar 10, 2021 

Retired_Member
Not applicable

I totally agree. I bought Arlo thinking it was a great product, but it has been nothing but a headache since day 1. Off line, needs charged (even with solar), not picking up movement, too much movement. I could go on and on.

I'll never own another one. 

ShayneS
Arlo Moderator
Arlo Moderator

Hi @Retired_Member

Are you missing recordings in your library as well? May I ask which troubleshooting steps you have performed so far regarding your issues reported? I don't want to suggest any methods you have previously performed.

Retired_Member
Not applicable
I was missing recordings as well. I read about signing into the desktop and they were there. Then hours later, they showed on my mobile. But the issues I have with Arlo don’t stop there. Recordings freeze or stop while there is still movement. It misses such things as a big truck driving past the camera. No record. I wanted a system for security, but this isn’t cutting it. And the solar chargers don’t help a lot with Essential either. Sorry for the rant. Just hasn’t performed as I expected
ShayneS
Arlo Moderator
Arlo Moderator

GSLD,

Vehicles put off a higher heat signature which can cause false recordings. You might want to try adjusting your sensitivity lower until you achieve a more desired result. You can also try adjusting your cameras positioning to see if this remedies any issues. You can find the KB here: How do I optimize motion detection for my Arlo camera? Please make sure to have the latest version of the Arlo mobile app installed on your device Android mobile app v3.5.4 & iOS mobile app v3.5.5. 

It sounds like your cameras are detecting too much motion therefore not allowing the essential cameras to trickle charge. With the Arlo Solar Panel connected to the camera and receiving average sun exposure, your camera battery stays charged, so you don’t need to worry about recharging it. The solar panel is a great low-maintenance solution for outdoor camera installations in hard-to-reach areas. Although the Arlo Solar Panel is designed to keep your Arlo camera’s battery fully charged, heavy usage of your camera can drain the camera battery faster than the solar panel can recharge it. The 2-watt Arlo Solar Panel is designed to provide year-round trickle charging to keep your Arlo camera battery charged, not to charge your camera battery from low to full.

Mcfrosty
Guide
Guide

Mine is working now.   The problem I was having was back in the Spring.  I’ve lost track of what solved it.  I’m happy it finally resolved whatever was bugging it!   

Retired_Member
Not applicable
Ok, I’ll try those adjustments. And the explanation regarding the solar panels makes sense. But can you explain why it freezes while recording or stops recording while there is still motion? Thanks
ShayneS
Arlo Moderator
Arlo Moderator

@Retired_Member

It may be from a weak signal to the base station or wireless interference from another device close to your base. You can try moving you base around avoiding any potential interfenece or bringing a camera inside to test to see if the freezing/motion triggering is still occurring. The cameras may be just out of range and periodically going offline. You can also try rebooting the cameras and testing again or removing and re-adding the cameras back to your base.

Sandroo
Star
Star

Hey everyone! My pro 2 cameras have been working again, detecting motion and initiating recordings.  Night images are so pixelated I can’t tell if it’s a bobcat, raccoon or big tabby.  Oh well, they’ve always been pixelated with these cameras. 

SimpliSafe just released their new wireless 1080 cameras, I ordered two. Problem solved!  Best wishes to you all.

Retired_Member
Not applicable
I have no base. Just wireless essential cameras. If I wanted to boost WiFi to my cameras, what would I have to do?
ShayneS
Arlo Moderator
Arlo Moderator

@Retired_Member

Thanks for the update, to test for a weak signal or interference, I would bring the camera inside or closer to your router & test again for any of the issues you experienced in your previous posts.