Arlo|Smart Home Security|Wireless HD Security Cameras
× Arlo End of Life Policy Notice
To view Arlo’s new End of Life Policy, click here.

Discussion stats
  • 15 Replies
  • 1 Like
  • 10 In Conversation
av53
Guide
Guide
All of my Arlo Pro cameras are suddenly offline. Arlo.status.com indicates that everything is operational. My base station has power and is connected. All other de Ives are working fine. Is antone else experiencing problems?
15 REPLIES 15
TomMac
Guru Guru
Guru

Try and reboot the device your using to access Arlo...

Or try and sign into my.arlo.com with your browser ( same user name/ pw ) to see if it helps

--------------------------------------
Morse is faster than texting!
--------------------------------------
ShayneS
Arlo Moderator
Arlo Moderator

Hi @av53

This issue with cameras appearing offline and missing recordings in the library should now be resolved. Please let me know if you are still experiencing any issues.

Thanks 

Wg567
Aspirant
Aspirant
I’m still offline. I reboot. Nothing. Works for a second. If I arm them I can watch the recordings but nothing live
Wg567
Aspirant
Aspirant
Too much hassle. Are others having so many issues? Doesn’t seem worth it to me anymore. What a good replacement for Arlo?
Dannybear
Master
Master
My Base stations upgraded firmware about 10hrs ago and app showed everything offline etc. lasted an hour or so but eventually recovered except for mode that was set as disabled. Had to reselect different modes a few times to get it to work again.
Wg567
Aspirant
Aspirant
I saw that mine updated as well. Still not working, they pop up for about 5 seconds and I get an image but it goes offline again. I’m not near the cameras, I will be tomorrow so if not working by then I will manually reset. Thanks
ShayneS
Arlo Moderator
Arlo Moderator

Is this occurring on the mobile app or web browser? I am not able to replicate either. Do you have the latest version of the Arlo mobile app v3.6.4 installed?

Clk1212
Aspirant
Aspirant
Still experiencing this issue where cameras are all showing offline. How do we fix this?
StephenB
Guru Guru
Guru

@ShayneS wrote:

Is this occurring on the mobile app or web browser? I am not able to replicate either. Do you have the latest version of the Arlo mobile app v3.6.4 installed?

My cameras show up as online in the app, but offline on my Windows PC browser (Edge).  Recordings are accessible in the browser, but not device settings.  Oddly, logging into the browser does not terminate the session on the phone.  Similarly, opening the phone app doesn't terminate the session in the browser.  The app is 3.6.4.

Chrome appears to work normally on the same PC.

This behavior started yesterday.

UPDATE: Edge had a pending update - when I restarted the browser to apply it,  Arlo required me to retrust the browser login.  When I did that, Edge started working normally again.  Not sure if this was related to the update, or going through the 2FA dance again.

Brince
Tutor
Tutor

All went offline at the same time. Some will occasionally turn on fro a few seconds then go back out. Sometimes a notice concerning “firmwear update” will flash briefly. Away from home so can not attempt reset.

Wg567
Aspirant
Aspirant
I only use the app. So this kept persisting. When I activated the alarm function I could see recordings fine, but still nothing live. I got back in town and unplugged the base, plugged back in and it’s working now.
Brince
Tutor
Tutor

My suspicion is, although I am not an IT guy, centers on the WIFI network I am using aboard the Viking Star currently finishing a world cruise in a few days. From the first few weeks of our journey Internet was hit and miss, it remained that way the entire cruise despite multiple excuses from old equipment, low on the satellite horizon to you passengers are using too many devises ( despite occupancy at 60% of capacity). My Arlo cameras were always a bell weather of internet strength. If the strength went down, my cameras were effected. Several days ago Viking took one more shot at “fixing” it. In the process all of my cameras went offline. Viking has a strange setup regarding their servers which are located in Spain. Apple products seem particularly effected. Often, when inquiring for a product or article, I would get a message stating the information was not “available” to those outside the U.S. All passengers have been allowed internet for multiple devices (we have 4) as do many others. I notice in trying to get my cameras back on line the Viking logon now said I had too many devices and which one of 3 shown would I like to eliminate. My guess is the “fix” several days ago automatically eliminated my two devices ( my wife’s were completely unaffected.) That, combined with Vikings server, may have made my devices unrecognizable to the Arlo app. I did get a message saying “you have been logged out because a other device logged on.” Several other apps have been effected, but less severe than “Offline.” Does this guesswork seem plausible to those that know better than I? 

StephenB
Guru Guru
Guru

@Brince wrote:

My suspicion is, although I am not an IT guy, centers on the WIFI network I am using aboard the Viking Star currently finishing a world cruise in a few days.

Been a long time since I've on a cruise.  But I think this likely does explain it.

In general, the internet service on cruises is hit-or-miss - partly because a lot of people are sharing limited bandwidth, and partly because it is using a satellite connection - and satellite coverage isn't that good when further away from the coasts.

Jamesfiro
Guide
Guide

I just got this issue. Phone app with one login working fine. Another phone with different login has this issue and so does my pc with another login. Makes no rhyme or reason why its not working. Nothing in library and no firmware done. Chrome or Edge both has same issue-no library-no devices

JamesC
Community Manager
Community Manager

Jamesfiro,

What is the LED behavior on your base station?

JamesC