Arlo|Smart Home Security|Wireless HD Security Cameras
× Arlo End of Life Policy Notice
To view Arlo’s new End of Life Policy, click here.

Cameras Stopped Recording Again

Discussion stats
  • 4 Replies
  • 2 Likes
  • 3 In Conversation
T369
Star
Star

My cameras stopped recording again. I didn’t make any configuration changes on my end. Today I noticed that the cameras would record when it detected motion (as normal). But after they recorded for the duration that I set them to, they won’t record again at the next detected motion. During this time I noticed that the motion icon stayed lit (e.g., amber color) and not return back to gray whatsoever..

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
Streak2
Master Master
Master

Restart your base and see if that fixes things.

View solution in original post

4 REPLIES 4
Streak2
Master Master
Master

Restart your base and see if that fixes things.

__Pete__
Initiate
Initiate

I have the same problem. Started yesterday after the firmware update. I have eight cameras, and only one appears to be affected. It's also my only CVR camera.

I tried unplugging and re-plugging the base station. Didn't fix it.

I then removed the Camera and re-added it. Still not fixed. It records one video, then the little yellow guy stays on permanently and it doesn't record another.

I just tried unplugging the camera from power, removing the battery for a while, and putting the battery and power back. It powers up, connects, but the little yellow guy comes on and stays on. Didn't record any video.

__Pete__
Initiate
Initiate

I think I fixed it.

I had it set to record for the maximum time of 2 minutes on motion. It's worked like that for months without issue. I just changed it to record until motion stops. Now the little yellow guy goes grey again, and the videos get uploaded to the library. It's done 3 videos, so I think it's fixed.

T369
Star
Star

Resetting the base seems to fix the issue, but I wished I knew what caused it after months of running just fine.