Arlo|Smart Home Security|Wireless HD Security Cameras
× Arlo End of Life Policy Notice
To view Arlo’s new End of Life Policy, click here.

Cameras Randomly Auto-Zooming. See attached photo.

Discussion stats
  • 2 Replies
  • 0 Likes
  • 2 In Conversation
Materhead66
Tutor
Tutor

I am currently suffering the "Not Connected" issue since the update to V2.19 on iOS.  Have tried everything recommended by ARLO multiple times with no solution so far.

But, I am also experiencing a situation where my cameras are auto-zooming into the upper left hand corner of its field of view.  As far as it can go.  When I go under the Camera Settings / Video Settings it is zoomed in to the upper left hand corner.  I have not manually touched it nor set Activity zones.  I have pictures and saved videos showing this phenomena.  On one camera looking at my back door it recorded the dog going out at 7:20 am fine.  When I let him out again at around 8:30 am, no video. (see BACK DOOR camera in attached photo)  Then ten minutes later videos start showing up that are zoomed into the trees above my house.  I went to Video settings and sure enough that camera showed being zoomed as far as it could go into the upper left hand corner.

I have had this system for over three years with very few issues and quite frankly this latest debacle has me minutes away from throwing everything in the trash.  Have opened tickets on all of this and I am now on my fourth or fifth support person responding and they all start again and say the same things.  Nothing works.

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
JessicaP
Arlo Employee Retired

Hey Materhead66,

We recently released a new Arlo iOS app update, which is version 2.19.2. Try updating the Arlo app to the latest version and see if that helps. You can also read the latest version here: Arlo iOS App - 2.19.2 - 26th August 2020

View solution in original post

2 REPLIES 2
JessicaP
Arlo Employee Retired

Hey Materhead66,

We recently released a new Arlo iOS app update, which is version 2.19.2. Try updating the Arlo app to the latest version and see if that helps. You can also read the latest version here: Arlo iOS App - 2.19.2 - 26th August 2020

Materhead66
Tutor
Tutor

The update appears to have corrected all of my recent issues.