Arlo|Smart Home Security|Wireless HD Security Cameras
× Arlo End of Life Policy Notice
To view Arlo’s new End of Life Policy, click here.

Recording from cameras stopped working. Can see everything but cannot connect to camera.

Discussion stats
  • 2 Replies
  • 0 Likes
  • 2 In Conversation
patti_henderson
Aspirant
Aspirant

Over the weekend, recording from the camera's have stopped.  I can see everything but the devices view shows all of the status icons grey, re-sync says it works but I cannot connect to the camera to test video settings, eventually get a camera is not connected error. Batteries were charged this morning (27%).  I've restarted, removed and re-added the base station and did a reset.  Still no communication, eventually all lights are green, the sync process appears to work but it lies.  It does take the base station almost 8 minutes to become accessible, is it hardware failure?  It is 3 years old.

I am at a loss what to try next.

Thanks!  Patti

2 REPLIES 2
JessicaP
Arlo Employee Retired

Hey patti_henderson,

What phone device are you using to see the error? Is this also happening on the web client on your computer?

patti_henderson
Aspirant
Aspirant

Thanks Jessica, it's all on the web portal (and I tried most of the browsers).  This morning, I went to move the base (the camera light still flashing ambers) and I accidentally knocked it to the floor.  A few seconds later, it flahsed then turned solid green and when I logged into the portal I could see the cameras.

I moved it back to it's usual location and its still working.  I am assuming there is a short from the power supply.  It's out of the way but people here tend to mess with stuff and then pretend they didn't do anything.  I think I'm good for now.