Arlo|Smart Home Security|Wireless HD Security Cameras

Camera won't recognize battery. All I get is flashing amber light. Works fine on different camera.

Discussion stats
  • 2 Replies
  • 0 Likes
  • 2 In Conversation
vickienova
Aspirant
Aspirant

One of my four cameras is not recognizing fully charged battery.  I tested the battery on a different camera and it works fine.  Tried a 2nd fully charged battery and it still won't work in camera.  All I get is a flashing amber light.  Won't let me sync.

I plugged in the camera and it works.  For some reason the camera is not recognizing a battery.

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
vickienova
Aspirant
Aspirant

yes it is an Arlo battery.  I tried numerous batteries that are working in other cameras, it was just that particular camera that wouldn't accept a battery.  

After some research I ended up wiping the metal prongs in the camera with a slightly moist paper towel and that did the job.  Guess the connection was poor.

View solution in original post

2 REPLIES 2
StephenB
Guru Guru
Guru

@vickienova wrote:

One of my four cameras is not recognizing fully charged battery.  I tested the battery on a different camera and it works fine. 

Is this an Arlo battery or 3rd party?

vickienova
Aspirant
Aspirant

yes it is an Arlo battery.  I tried numerous batteries that are working in other cameras, it was just that particular camera that wouldn't accept a battery.  

After some research I ended up wiping the metal prongs in the camera with a slightly moist paper towel and that did the job.  Guess the connection was poor.