Arlo|Smart Home Security|Wireless HD Security Cameras
× Arlo End of Life Policy Notice
To view Arlo’s new End of Life Policy, click here.

Camera will not sync to Arlo

Discussion stats
  • 5 Replies
  • 1 Like
  • 4 In Conversation
Zapto
Tutor
Tutor
I brought a. Arlo Pro yesterday and went through the setup following the user guide. Once the base station was connected in the app it popped up asking for a firmware update. I did this and left it about 30 mins and then went to sync the camera's. I click the sync button quickly in the base and then on the camera's (only one at a time). And they flash blue slowly for about 2 mins and then rapidly flash orange for 10 seconds and then turn off.

I have followed the online help, remove batteries, did a factory reset and tryied again. Each time I get the exact same behaviour. I called Arlo support and they just gave me an RMA number to get an exchange as it's so new.

That's a massive inconvenience for me so would like to try and get it fixed. TIA
1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
Zapto
Tutor
Tutor

This was resolved with an RMA. The base station was at fault. 

View solution in original post

5 REPLIES 5
Redmoonstar
Luminary
Luminary

Try resetting the base station by using a paperclip in the reset hole at the back of the base station. Once you reset then add the base station to your account again then try and sync camera's. If you still get the same flashing blue slow then rapid orange plug the camera into the charger that came with your units and try again. If you still get the same result take the battery out of the camera but leave it plugged into the power and try again. If that doesn't work then plug the charging cable into the USB slot on your base station while still connected to the camera without the battery in it and try again. Unfortunately if that doesn't work you will need a replacement. I would take it back to place of purchase if possible and either swap it for another set up or get your money back.

jguerdat
Guru Guru
Guru

If you reset using the reset button, you still also need to remove any devices from Settings, My Devices before starting fresh.

Zapto
Tutor
Tutor

This was resolved with an RMA. The base station was at fault. 

coulos
Aspirant
Aspirant

Just  turn off the station (unplug the cable) then turn on. The wifi channel changes. Try again. It works for me.

Zapto
Tutor
Tutor

@coulos wrote:

Just  turn off the station (unplug the cable) then turn on. The wifi channel changes. Try again. It works for me.

As I said above I spoke to Netgear and they confirmed it was beyond sorting, and needed RMA. The new one turned up this morning and all is working.