Arlo|Smart Home Security|Wireless HD Security Cameras
× Arlo End of Life Policy Notice
To view Arlo’s new End of Life Policy, click here.

Discussion stats
  • 3 Replies
  • 0 Likes
  • 4 In Conversation
Chrisbob2
Aspirant
Aspirant
Is it a problem if my cameras are spaced only 6 inches apart or the do they need to be further? Also living in Minnesota, is there a heater or way to heat the camera so I can use them in the winter? I plan on plugging in all four of my exterior cameras, And the last question is if I leave them plugged in all winter long and all year round is it a problem and potential damage to batteries that came with my kit?
3 REPLIES 3
wase4711
Luminary
Luminary

why are you posting camera questions in the router thread?

jguerdat
Guru Guru
Guru

I've had two cameras within 6 inches of each other with no issues.

There's no heater but folks have suggested various possibilities - search here for recent threads. The big thing is weatherproofing everything.

Finally, leaving the cameras plugged in is of no concern. When the camera is plugged in for charging, the batteries only charge to 80% of capacity, the sweet spot for Li-ion batteries. The display will show 100% since that's all the charging that will occur.  Due to this, the batteries can be left in all the time without the overcharging that can occur if they were actually run up to a full 100%, such as with phones.

steve_t
Master Master
Master

There shouldn't be a problem BUT I guess there's the potential for wifi interfences. If you had that, you'd just try switch one of the cameras with another or move them further apart or move the base station.

Batteries will be fine as jguerdat explained above