Arlo|Smart Home Security|Wireless HD Security Cameras
× Arlo End of Life Policy Notice
To view Arlo’s new End of Life Policy, click here.

Discussion stats
  • 9 Replies
  • 4 Likes
  • 3 In Conversation
Deanomite
Apprentice
Apprentice

2nd added user is unable to view one of the cameras that was recently replaced. The primary  account user can see all of the cameras on both phone and desktop. I've removed it and added it a few times. I've tried various browsers and phones. All access is granted to all cameras from the primary account. Any solutions on how to get the camera to show up for this user? 

I deleted the user and sent a new invitation to the same email address thinking that might work. Now the user is not getting any emails from Arlo to rejoin. When she logs in there is nothing there. She has checked her spam and junk boxes. It worked initially, but not sure now what to do. 

I have a 3rd user who still on the the account with all access granted including the problem camera, but is not able to see the same missing camera.

Any ideas?

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
Deanomite
Apprentice
Apprentice

I was able to resolve the issue myself.

I had to remove the entire base station, cameras and all users. 

Basically had to start all over by re-adding the base station, the cameras and reinvite the users again. Had to resetup smart subscription, video quality, notifications...everything. But that fixed it if anyone else is having the same problem. Something with the base station got borked over time I think. 

View solution in original post

9 REPLIES 9
ShayneS
Arlo Moderator
Arlo Moderator

Have you tried contacting customer support regarding this issue? I have attached the link here for you - Arlo Tech Support

Deanomite
Apprentice
Apprentice

Yes. It has been 9 days now and they have no updates for me. Still the same problems after going through many troubleshooting issues. Problem is on Arlo's end. They hardly respond to my emails and say they do not have a solution or know when they will have one. I was on the phone for an hour yesterday and on hold about 80% of the time and no further info was provided. They would not transfer me to a supervisor and no one called me back at my request after being on hold for so long. I requested a replacement RMA front camera for the one not working, but so far crickets. Considering canceling my subscription since I can't use the feature I am paying for and support has been sub-par. Perhaps the email has been blacklisted, i've read others having the same issue. I just can't seem to get any help from support or even agent to chat to. 

Deanomite
Apprentice
Apprentice

I guess I'm the only person with this issue. Can't see cameras and can't receive invites. Called tech support today because I received an email saying case will be closed due to inactivity. I'm waiting on Arlo!! Support says Supervisor is busy and still won't transfer me... still. 

I callled - still no updates. No progress, no known eta.  Super frustrated at the lack of support. 

Deanomite
Apprentice
Apprentice

Still no response from Arlo. Can't send invites. Wife can't see the cameras. Had to cancel the smart subscription since I can't use the feature anymore.

I'm just going to keep bumping this up I guess. Bummer. 

Bueller... Bueller...

ShayneS
Arlo Moderator
Arlo Moderator

I have opened a case for you. Customer Support will be reaching out to you as soon as possible. I have provided the case number for your reference: 41027645

Deanomite
Apprentice
Apprentice

Thanks. Although there was an existing case open for it already. Maybe two cases will work! 

They are sending a new front camera to see if that fixes one of the issues. 

They said they are aware of the grant access issue and have no eta on a fix yet. 

Deanomite
Apprentice
Apprentice

I was able to resolve the issue myself.

I had to remove the entire base station, cameras and all users. 

Basically had to start all over by re-adding the base station, the cameras and reinvite the users again. Had to resetup smart subscription, video quality, notifications...everything. But that fixed it if anyone else is having the same problem. Something with the base station got borked over time I think. 

Bluej777
Aspirant
Aspirant
Saw reply to remove and all devices. You don’t have to do that. Go to the App select settings. Then grant access. Select person you want to see added camera then select edit (top right) then select cameras you want them to see. Can also grant admin here too.
Bluej777
Aspirant
Aspirant
Go to app, settings, grant access, select person you want to see additional camera, edit (top right) then select what you want to grant access to