Arlo|Smart Home Security|Wireless HD Security Cameras
× Arlo End of Life Policy Notice
To view Arlo’s new End of Life Policy, click here.

Camera has bad image quality

Discussion stats
  • 4 Replies
  • 2 Likes
  • 4 In Conversation
KnightFish75
Aspirant
Aspirant

Can anyone please give me some advice. I have 2 Arlo Pro cameras one is working perfectly after 2 years the other when recording only shows a distorted image as a thumbnail and then won’t play back. Any help would be hugely appreciated.

4 REPLIES 4
jguerdat
Guru Guru
Guru

There's a few possibilities here. Signal strength and/or quality may be an issue. Check to see if another wireless device that uses the 2.4GHz band may be near the camera. Some folks have said that newer firmware seems to have reduced the signal strength but I haven't seen that.

You can try removing and resyncing the camera to see if that helps. If nothing else, it may be a hardware issue but you're out of warranty. You can still use the Contact Support link at the bottom here to see what support they may be able to offer.

DHSSREDSTAR
Guide
Guide

It's because of the latest firmware update for Arlo and Arlo Pro cameras.  They are squeezing down the size of the file so that it is a small as possible.  Arlo has a lot of technical debt with it's cloud infrastructure so they are trying to make the files as small as possible; and of course, as per usual, wrecking the entire service as they do so.

ShayneS
Arlo Moderator
Arlo Moderator

Hi @KnightFish75

Are you still experiencing this issue with your cameras?

KnightFish75
Aspirant
Aspirant
Yeah, still no improvement. Any help would be hugely appreciated.