Arlo|Smart Home Security|Wireless HD Security Cameras
× Arlo End of Life Policy Notice
To view Arlo’s new End of Life Policy, click here.

Arlo Pro - incompatible charger - unavailable support

Discussion stats
  • 1 Reply
  • 1 Like
  • 2 In Conversation
DontWannaBeHere
Follower
Follower

Hello,

As you can guess from my username, I really don't want to be here. That's nothing about the community or people here (as in most communities, I'm sure here are a lot of awesome, super engaged people!), it's just a cry for help, as Arlo is providing me a absolutely frustrating experience.

I bought a few years back the original Arlo, as a 2 camera kit. I wanted a premium product and experience and was OK to pay for it.

After about 1 year, both cameras developed a pink hue. Turned out, the UV filter burned up, in both! cameras at roughly the same time. That already made me wonder about what kind of "premium" product I bought.

Anyway, brought it back to the shop, they offered to swap it for a new kit, Arlo Pro (1 camera, all I needed at the time).
This camera has been working ok, but given me the occasional "incompatible charger" error. Typically after removing the battery and putting it back in, it worked again.

Not now. Got this problem for a few days now. Removed the battery, ensured contacts are clean, swapped charger and cable for others I had lying around. Verified both, original charger and cable are working by using it on other devices. 
Camera refuses to charge. At some point, it charged for 2min, going from 4 to 7% charge, only to drop back to "incompatible charger" message. 

Now, the battery is so low, it won't even give me that message. It just blinks briefly orange when plugging it in, then the LED goes off and the App/website show's no activity.

I tried the usual: searched the community and help pages, didn't find any new approaches.

Got a community satisfaction survey. Filled it out, error message. Feedback wasn't submitted. Great... (tried later again, worked, but had to shorten my feedback to fit the tiny 500 character limit)

Next up, went to support pages. Phone support only available for free for the first 90 days - no thank you - I'm not paying for your faults.

Chat support, says available "any time" - great! Filled the short form (tried few times), got to a message that chat is available for my product, with the next line saying "chat unavailable".

This experience is an absolute joke considering the price point and positioning of a "care free" premium product.

How can this be solved, without throwing it across the room and buying something from a different vendor?

1 REPLY 1
ChemBob
Tutor
Tutor

This incompatible charger issue has been going on for years and never been actually fixed. BTW, I had the original 3-pack of cameras and only one of them works now; I have a couple of pros that haven't died yet. One of the dead cameras went pink for a long time then quit entirely.