Arlo|Smart Home Security|Wireless HD Security Cameras
× Arlo End of Life Policy Notice
To view Arlo’s new End of Life Policy, click here.

Camera did not pick up intruder entering vehicle in driveway until after the theft occurred.

Discussion stats
  • 2 Replies
  • 0 Likes
  • 3 In Conversation
JBKHMCUSN
Follower
Follower

I got these cameras that seemed to be working until last night when i really needed them. the video picks up with the dome light in the vehicle on but after the person took a backpack and loose change. this is the second time this happened and i should have had them this time but no Arlo failed me.

should i keep the system or go to a more reliable vendor. i was going to purchase two more cameras but now i am not sure if it is worth the money. 

2 REPLIES 2
StephenB
Guru Guru
Guru

Camera positioning is often a factor here.  The system is designed to detect motion across the field of view.  If you are aiming the camera straight up the driveway, the intruder might not be entering the area where the detection is most sensitive.

There are some useful tips here: https://kb.arlo.com/000051462/How-do-I-position-my-Arlo-Pro-2-camera

Though this article is specific for the Pro 2, the advice applies to all the Arlo cameras.

TomMac
Guru Guru
Guru

As a PS... can you show a screen shot..it may be easier to assist with a better location or issues

--------------------------------------
Morse is faster than texting!
--------------------------------------