Arlo|Smart Home Security|Wireless HD Security Cameras
× Arlo End of Life Policy Notice
To view Arlo’s new End of Life Policy, click here.

Anyone else have their Arlo Pro just suddenly zoom in on a subject?

Discussion stats
  • 9 Replies
  • 1 Like
  • 3 In Conversation
MonicaS
Tutor
Tutor

Does anyone else have their Arlo Pro just suddenly zoom in on a subject as in tree or vehicle that’s sitting in driveway? Also the brightness level will also change when it does this. This has happened several times.

9 REPLIES 9
michaelkenward
Sensei Sensei
Sensei

@MonicaS wrote:

Does anyone else have their Arlo Pro just suddenly zoom in on a subject as in tree or vehicle that’s sitting in driveway?

Check the video settings for the camera. See if it is set to "Auto Zoom & Tracking".

Maybe something sets it off.

Just another user
Arlo hardware: Q Plus, Pro 2 (X2), Pro 3 (X3), Pro 3 Floodlight, Security Light (X2), Ultra (X2), Doorbell, Chime
MonicaS
Tutor
Tutor

I don’t have auto zooming or auto tracking this arlo pro. Plus I have had this camera for well over a year probably going on 2 years and it’s has not done this before. Just in the past few months. It started off with one camera now all 3 are doing it. In fact after I sent this they all did it and one camera seems to have shifted on its own. If that one was hit by bird it was not set off. Really pissing me off especially since a few times it has happened over night.

StephenB
Guru Guru
Guru

@MonicaS wrote:

I don’t have auto zooming or auto tracking this arlo pro. 

Agreed.  @michaelkenward might have been thinking of the Pro-3 and the Ultra.

Are you saying that the field of view changes in the middle of a recording?

Or that sometimes when you view a recording (or live stream) the field of view isn't what it was before?

MonicaS
Tutor
Tutor

It’s doing not in recording mode. I will check my recording and notice that the camera view is no longer where I left it. Like one is aimed at parked vehicle in driveway suddenly it’s zoomed completely on the truck. Another is aimed at street it suddenly is aimed on a branch fully zoomed and not where it was aimed. The other fully zooms in on another one my trees, which is again not where I aimed.

StephenB
Guru Guru
Guru

@MonicaS wrote:

It’s doing not in recording mode. I will check my recording and notice that the camera view is no longer where I left it. Like one is aimed at parked vehicle in driveway suddenly it’s zoomed completely on the truck. Another is aimed at street it suddenly is aimed on a branch fully zoomed and not where it was aimed. The other fully zooms in on another one my trees, which is again not where I aimed.

You can zoom the video on playback or streaming (that is done in the player, the actual video isn't changed).  Is it possible that is happening?

MonicaS
Tutor
Tutor

No  its not, in fact after the last recording if it happens at night there will be several hours of no recording because of the zoom in to just the one object. It just totally shifts on it own and O the brightness will also change on its own not just the zoom. So something is wrong or the software needs to be done or I just find a different camera since it looks as if none else having the Zoom and brightness change on its own, I am the only one in the house that checks in on the camera so I know its no-one in the house.

StephenB
Guru Guru
Guru

I think your best option is to contact support.  https://www.arlo.com/en-us/support/contact.aspx

It's an unusual symptom, and there's not much you can do - apart from maybe removing the cameras and base from the account, resetting them all, and then adding them back.  

MonicaS
Tutor
Tutor

I have Done that. I can’t seem to get in support all I get is running in circles. Is there a new way to get support with the new app?

StephenB
Guru Guru
Guru

@MonicaS wrote:

I have Done that. I can’t seem to get in support all I get is running in circles. 

Have you asked for a new camera?  

You could ask the mods to help escalate, though they would need the case number.