Arlo|Smart Home Security|Wireless HD Security Cameras
× Arlo End of Life Policy Notice
To view Arlo’s new End of Life Policy, click here.

Discussion stats
  • 11 Replies
  • 4 Likes
  • 5 In Conversation
Drty12
Tutor
Tutor
I understand this has been covered a few times but still no luck on any updates for
me. It is my #5 camera in my list, The newest camera. constantly goes off line within an hour of re syncing it to base station. (it was the 3rd camera) down my list but i moved it to the 5th camera in list to see if it would change the problem between cameras but it didn't. I full charge it/ re sync, climb the ladder. Works fine for a hour then BAM. off line. Not amused. Set up exactly the same as the other 4. please help. So over it.
11 REPLIES 11
jguerdat
Guru Guru
Guru
Swap cameras around and see if the issue follows the camera or the location.
Drty12
Tutor
Tutor

Yes it follows the camera. I've swapped batteries, Swapped locations, swapped places in the list of cameras. Found other threads of like 15 people with same problem. No solid solution. Was hopeing firmwear issue. 

TomMac
Guru Guru
Guru

Sound like a contact to Netgear Support is required

--------------------------------------
Morse is faster than texting!
--------------------------------------
EdRand
Tutor
Tutor
Same problem. Bought 2 cams last Friday. One works like a gem and the other just rubbish. The bad one goes offline like every 15 mins, drains battery and never comes up the mob app. Even swapping batteries, swapping locations with the good cam, same results. See what arlo has to say
jguerdat
Guru Guru
Guru

Or simply swap at the store.

Drty12
Tutor
Tutor
So something interesting, After finaly getting sick of the camera not working. I created a case number, interestingly to do that i had to "register" the camera in my arlo account (I had already registered the base station and other 4 cameras). After doing so i thought to myself i would give it one last charge and see how long it takes to disconnect. (normaly a few mins). It's now been 3 days and it's fine. What do i think has happened? I think registering this new 5th camera has fixed the issue. Fingers crossed
Crab
Aspirant
Aspirant
I have exactly the same problem with my third (of three) camera. Camera goes ofgline and the battery drains in few hours. I could bet, that it affects the lifespan of the battery every time it discharges so fast.
Drty12
Tutor
Tutor
mine has sorted itself. not sure if it was software issue or what. i also moved it away from above some auto sensor garage lighting so somehow could have been that. still not 100% sure tho
Crab
Aspirant
Aspirant
It must be a software issue where the camera freezes at some point, that would explain that battery draining.
Now I wrote to support, lets see how it goes further.
jguerdat
Guru Guru
Guru

Usually, barring a bad camera/battery, the issue is loss of connection between the base and camera. The camera then wears down the battery trying to reestablish the connection. That's why moving the camera or base to help with the connection issue can be the solution.  Also, swapping cameras around would help determine whether it's the camera or location that has the problem.

Crab
Aspirant
Aspirant
Thanks for your answer!
Right now I am testing it in different possitions, and it looks like it works indoors, but goes offline when brought outdoors. The only thing left to try is to reset the wole system and begin from the beginning, adding cameras in different order.