Arlo|Smart Home Security|Wireless HD Security Cameras
× Arlo End of Life Policy Notice
To view Arlo’s new End of Life Policy, click here.

Camera Offline All Of A Sudden

Discussion stats
  • 8 Replies
  • 0 Likes
  • 6 In Conversation
onegtalon
Aspirant
Aspirant

I've had a Arlo pro wireless setup for a little over a year and all of a sudden one camera went offline. It's connected when I open the app for only a minute then goes offline. It will not record.  I swapped out with a new battery (no fix), rebooted the base station (no fix), disconnect and reconnect the camera (still the same issue).  This camera is only 10 ft away from the base, the other 2 cameras work fine.  Camera issue? Out of warranty?

8 REPLIES 8
steve_t
Master Master
Master

It might be an interference issue. Try rebooting your wifi router and/or moving the Arlo base station a few feet further away from the router

JB1900
Aspirant
Aspirant

I have the same issue. I’ve had the camera setup for about 5 months working fine.. Today it just stopped working and said it’s offline. I removed it from its mount and brought it inside. Removed the device from my app and was planning to sync with the base again but it seems like it’s dead. No blue led lights or the amber lights. Like the battery is dead. It had 44% this morning but I plugged it in for an hour to see. Nothing happened. Still dead.

JB1900
Aspirant
Aspirant

I have a second camera that is still working fine. I’m going to swap batteries and see if I have an early failure on this one battery.

Pgsullivan
Luminary
Luminary

I have this same issue. Arlo support are rubbish and don’t ever resolve anything and you just get more frustrated and waste hours of your life!!

In my case the cameras appear offline in the iOS app, but are not actually offline, they still record movement, appear in the library. So it’s a bug in the app, to be sure use a computer to log in and see your cameras and see if still offline. I bet like me they are actually online.

Even more bizarrely I can turn on one specific camera into live view which when turning off the live view will then make the other offline camera appear online!!! Can view once and then it says offline again when it’s actually not. The app is so full of flaws and bugs it’s untrue and every time they send an update it messes something else up! I used to have a perfect working system in all aspects a year ago, now its pointless and full of bugs!

onegtalon
Aspirant
Aspirant

Quick update.  When I logged into the website from my laptop the camera issue was still there so it wasn't a app issue (wasn't recording either).  I swapped physical locations of camera #1 (problem camera, close by) and camera #3 (no problem, far) and now the issue went away.  For some reason only cam #1 had an issue in the location it was in (about 10ft from the base station, odd that it would take over a year to have problems).  Cam #1 is working fine it it's new location and cam #3 has no issues either.

Oh yea, moving the base from the router didn't have any affect.  Strange... Guess I'll keep monitoring the situation. 

JB1900
Aspirant
Aspirant
I swapped batteries with the good camera and the offline camera came back to life. I put the original batteries back into each camera and charged full the one that was offline. I synced it with the base and put it back in its location. It worked fine for 2 days and is offline again.
jguerdat
Guru Guru
Guru

Seems the hardwre is fine. Try loggin out and back in as well as using both the app and a browser to see if it's different.

jeheard
Aspirant
Aspirant

I spoke with the Arlo rep a couple of weeks back.  (Sullivian) is correct.  The app has a bug, you will actually have to log in via computer to see all of your cameras at once.  I have eight cameras on two different base stations.  When i log in on the app only 7 show up.............in fact they kind of switch back and forth a couple of times.............that being said, I spoke with Arlo extensively about the issue and they determined that there was defiantly and app issue.  Hopefully will be a release in the next short order.