Arlo|Smart Home Security|Wireless HD Security Cameras
× Arlo End of Life Policy Notice
To view Arlo’s new End of Life Policy, click here.

Help With Arlo Pro Outdoor Placement

Discussion stats
  • 6 Replies
  • 0 Likes
  • 4 In Conversation
captainSJC
Aspirant
Aspirant

I need help with placement outside, I am only picking up cars driving by, and it misses anyone approcahing the door in its current location, my drive way is long im looking for front door coverage mainly someone approaching the door, as I only have one camera. thanks

6 REPLIES 6
jguerdat
Guru Guru
Guru

Read the FAQs here about best positioning. It's basically saying you need to have motion across the FOV, not directly at the camera. This is standard procedure for any device that uses a PIR detector.

You can also raise the detection sensitivity in your modes and rules but positioning is a better answer.

Post a screenshot for suggestions.

TomMac
Guru Guru
Guru

Remember on the Pro/Pro2, the max detection for people is about 25 ft...

You may need to move the camera for a better location to the doorway for god detection

--------------------------------------
Morse is faster than texting!
--------------------------------------
captainSJC
Aspirant
Aspirant

I think I have to give up on the idea of front door coverage as the diveway is too long, what about mounted on the garage see pic, at least I may be able to see real people?current viewcurrent viewtest shot mounted on side of garagetest shot mounted on side of garage

captainSJC
Aspirant
Aspirant

current mount on side of door only picking up cars...current mount on side of door only picking up cars...

jguerdat
Guru Guru
Guru

We have to wait for the images to be approved before we can see them. You can host them elsewhere and paste links if you like.

StephenB
Guru Guru
Guru

You can try to angle the camera downward, so you aren't capturing the street.

Or position the camera to point across the entrance (at right angles to what you are doing now).  That won't cover the driveway approach, but should capture people moving into the entrance.