Arlo|Smart Home Security|Wireless HD Security Cameras
× Arlo End of Life Policy Notice
To view Arlo’s new End of Life Policy, click here.

Camera Not Syncing - Arlo Pro

Discussion stats
  • 2 Replies
  • 0 Likes
  • 2 In Conversation
tone_trainer
Aspirant
Aspirant

Hi 

I was running all good until recently one of my arlo pro cameras batteries started to die very quickly, there are hardly any alerts on this camera (i have 7 installed accross 2 base stations) and upon changing the battery (i have 3 spares) it wouldnt connect.

I therefore disconnected the camera from the base station and it dissapeared off my portal.

I have no tried everything - base is running 1.12.0.0_27099 (VMB4000r3) and as the camera cannot connect have no ide what the f/w level is there.

When I attempt to pair up the camera it's blue light goes for about 60-90 seconds and then I get a 10 second amber flashing light quite rapidly.

If I do this through the Arlo App on my iPhone it says it failed and try again. 

I have tried this on both base stations and get the same error.

I've removed the batteries and swapped them around ( i have 3 spares so easy to do).

I've power cycled the base station 5-6 times now and still the camera wont connect.

As I said the other 6 cameras are working fine - 4 on the "front" base station (covers the front of the house" and now 2 on the back of house base station.

What should I do - tried the chat the page loads and then nothing.

One other annoying issue is the geofencing wont work. Arlo App has access to my location at all times but wont switch modes when I leave the area around my house.

Thanks

Tony

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
tone_trainer
Aspirant
Aspirant

Yes - camera needed swapping out due to some form of f/w or h/w issue. 

Thank you!

View solution in original post

2 REPLIES 2
jguerdat
Guru Guru
Guru

Sounds like the camera has a problem so open a case with support here:

https://www.arlo.com/en-us/support/contact.aspx

tone_trainer
Aspirant
Aspirant

Yes - camera needed swapping out due to some form of f/w or h/w issue. 

Thank you!