Arlo|Smart Home Security|Wireless HD Security Cameras
× Arlo End of Life Policy Notice
To view Arlo’s new End of Life Policy, click here.

Arlo Pro - Geofencing Blue Dot Does Not Show

Discussion stats
  • 3 Replies
  • 0 Likes
  • 2 In Conversation
tj9541
Aspirant
Aspirant

I have the Arlo Pro Base + 3 cameras. I'm having issues with the device location marker (the blue dot on the map screen) does not show for my iPhone even though the geofencing "enabled devices" screen shows that GPS is enabled and the device is "in zone". 

My Android device shows the blue dot location marker properly. This is preventing geofencing from working with the iPhone, even though the device shows as "in zone" in the Enabled Devices list. 

I have tried removing access and re-adding access for the iPhone (primary device is Android), unchecking all devices in "enabled devices" list, saving, then re-checking all devices, and have validated that GPS is always on for the Arlo app in iOS Privacy Settings. 

3 REPLIES 3
ShayneS
Arlo Moderator
Arlo Moderator

@tj9541

Have you tried to reboot your base station? What version of iOS are you running on your iPhone?

tj9541
Aspirant
Aspirant

Hi Shayne,

Yes, i did try rebooting the base station. phone is on iOS 12.1. 

Interestingly, geofencing is now "working". The blue dot still does not show for the iPhone, but now when the "Enabled Devices" status shows "in zone", geofencing correctly sets it to home mode. I'm not sure what changed. 

I'm trying to add another iPhone (roommate's), and this one is not showing up in location services. I have tried:

- Reinstalling the Arlo app

- Resending invite

- Removing advanced access, and adding it back

- Making sure there are no special characters in the iPhone name

- Unchecking all devices in "enabled devices" and saving

I can't seem to get his Arlo app to prompt for location services permission.

Regards,

TJ

ShayneS
Arlo Moderator
Arlo Moderator

Due to the amount of issues described I have opened a case for you. I will contact you via private message with further information.