Arlo|Smart Home Security|Wireless HD Security Cameras
× Arlo End of Life Policy Notice
To view Arlo’s new End of Life Policy, click here.

Camera Not Picking Up Motion

Discussion stats
  • 2 Replies
  • 0 Likes
  • 3 In Conversation
kclloyd21
Follower
Follower
I just installed my cameras but they are not picking up movement other than about 6 feet in front of the camera. I am confused about the setting currently it is set on 80 on all of the cameras as I assume that is the factory default. Should I set it higher than the 80 if I want it to pick up movement farther away or lower than the 80 if I want to pick up movement farther away?
2 REPLIES 2
SRM1978
Aspirant
Aspirant

I am having the same issue, not detecting anything over 5 feet from the camera.  I have been told that there could be lots of interference from other devices.  We live in a world of technology but I guess I would expect a larger field of detection than 5 feet.  Not happy and I will probably be returning this item.

jguerdat
Guru Guru
Guru

Read the FAQ here on best camera positioning. You can randomly place a camera and expect good detection any more than you can do the same with a motion detection light. Both use PIR sensors and positioning is important. In addition, you can change the sensitivity to motion in your modes and rules which covered by yet another FAQ.