Arlo|Smart Home Security|Wireless HD Security Cameras
× Arlo End of Life Policy Notice
To view Arlo’s new End of Life Policy, click here.

Camera Audio Settings - CANT TURN OFF MIC OR SPEAKER + WE ARE NOT YOUR BETA TESTERS!!!

Discussion stats
  • 15 Replies
  • 15 Likes
  • 10 In Conversation
Jabroni
Apprentice
Apprentice

Im currently having a issue where strong winds are causing my camera's audio detection to send me notifications every time the wind picks up (I even put the sensitivity as low as 1, to no avail).

So Ive lowered the sensitivity on the camera itself and in the mode settings. Both havent worked well enough.

So the next best thing was to go into the camera's settings > audio settings > and turn off the microphone. 

Yet I still received the notifications every time the wind picks up. So this feature clearly doesnt work and needs to be addressed by Arlo's technical support. Hopefully JamesC see's this thread and alerts the right people upstairs.

I also hope that the larger issue is addressed, which is this:

Your customers are NOT your beta testers. I paid a lot of money for all 10 of my cameras. Arlo made a really nice product with ALL the right features. If the features do not work (this isnt the first time the clients have come across stuff like this) the features should be disabled until thoroughly beta tested by the Arlo staff.

Really, this is completely unacceptable. If you have a feature like being able to turn a mic on/off, how damn hard is it to test that feature before rolling it out to the customer? This is the EXACT kind of crap that made FOSCAM have the crappy reputation that it does. The continually released products where the BASIC features did not work and expected the paying customer to flush out all the bugs and have to endure numerous firmware updates for each issue (such as simple motion detection). Granted, I realize that designing a camera with all these features (such as motion detection) is no easy feat. But if a feature doesnt work, then it is NOT a motion detection capable camera so dont sell it as such.

Arlo has been guilty of the same sins. Features that dont work are somehow left for the user to bring to Arlo's attention. That is BS. Add a feature, TEST IT before putting it in the customer's hands. That is not too much to ask.

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
JamesC
Community Manager
Community Manager

A firmware update for Arlo Pro has been released resolving this issue. Please make sure your cameras are up to date with the latest firmware. See here for more information: Release Notes – Arlo Pro Camera 1.092.0.3.12290 – 9th May 2017

JamesC

View solution in original post

15 REPLIES 15
Knight_Rider
Guide
Guide

Preach - If this is an actual technical issue, one recourse that worked to implement the continuous record and PIR fix which was apparently  contained in the lastest FW update was to complain on amazon and other big box stores. 

Not sure why we the end user should have to go to those lengths. I spent around 1K for this system and honestly not too impressed. Should have went with HIKVISION but didnt want to bore holes in my exterior walls, fascia or soffits.

Hopefully they will get some the accessories out like the battery charger, and solar panel.

They are usually months behind on when they say they will be available, or at least in the case of the battery charger months before they are available. 

Best of Luck 

jguerdat
Guru Guru
Guru
Some folks have had luck removing the camera from Settings, My Devices and resync it. Not sure why this would help but worth a try.
ArloUser2017
Initiate
Initiate

I've also noticed that high winds will trigger the camera. I also tried adjustting the sound sensitivity to 1 and it does not seem to help. I gave up and turned sound trigger off. I stoped getting notification once I turned the sound trigger off.

Sound trigger does work very nicely inside the house, in a quiet room. I think that's what is best suited for.

I am using the Pro version 

JamesC
Community Manager
Community Manager

The root cause of this issue has been identified by the engineering team. A fix will be made available soon. I will post an update when I have more information.

We apologize for any inconvenience caused and thank you for your patience during this process.

JamesC

NHHoods
Initiate
Initiate

Constant Audio Alerts - Cannot Turn Off Audio Alerts - UGH!! - When will this be fixed?  It is a HUGE inconvenience.  

It's been almost a month since it was acknowledged James.

Am I supposed to fly back home to recharge my camera because the battery died due to an alert being triggered every minute?

Am I missing something?

JamesC
Community Manager
Community Manager

A firmware update for Arlo Pro has been released resolving this issue. Please make sure your cameras are up to date with the latest firmware. See here for more information: Release Notes – Arlo Pro Camera 1.092.0.3.12290 – 9th May 2017

JamesC

Jabroni
Apprentice
Apprentice
My firmware version is updated way past that version.

I started this thread in April. The firmware version you suggested was released in January.

This issue with the cameras is still NOT resolved.
JamesC
Community Manager
Community Manager

Jabroni,

I posted the incorrect link, I've updated the link above with the correct firmware release.

JamesC

Bene
Initiate
Initiate

I have the same issue.  I am updated to the most current firmware and the audio will not turn off.  Arlo Pro 4 camera system with base.  Just updated the firmware again and the issue persist.

JamesC
Community Manager
Community Manager

Bene,

Please contact the Arlo Support Team to further investigate this issue. You will find several options for contacting support in the provided link.

JamesC

MarcP0217
Initiate
Initiate

The firmware did not fix this.  All my cameras have the latest firmware and I still get audio alerts.  My mike is turned off and the rule is do nothing with audio and it still sends me emails.

JamesC
Community Manager
Community Manager

MarcP0217,

Please contact the Arlo Support Team to further investigate this issue. You will find several options for contacting support in the provided link.

JamesC

Sakima13
Tutor
Tutor

Since the firmware update did not help with my audio notifications due to wind I decided to put a small piece of duct tape over the speaker/microphone area.  This 100% solved my problem.  You can still hear people talking on the speaker, however it is more faint.  I tried previously turning them off and down to zero percent it would go off.  The duct tape was the best thing I ever did.  I tried using the skins and those did not help at all with the wind problem. 

Plain old duct tape, that does the trick.

Dudleyj
Initiate
Initiate

I have the latest firmware installed, I have reset my base station and re-synced my cameras. The outside camera has both the mic and speaker switched off and I am still getting Audio alerts from the unit.

This is creating a desensitisation to these alerts and apart from that it is very annoying, it shows some poor implementation of an expensive system.

your previous response to another member indicates that the current FW update has fixed this, this is not the case.

Please advise a solution.

JamesC
Community Manager
Community Manager

Dudleyj,

Please contact the Arlo Support Team to further investigate this issue. You will find several options for contacting support in the provided link.

JamesC