Arlo|Smart Home Security|Wireless HD Security Cameras
× Arlo End of Life Policy Notice
To view Arlo’s new End of Life Policy, click here.

Desktop Notifications for Arlo Pro?

Discussion stats
  • 2 Replies
  • 1 Like
  • 2 In Conversation
Axc0pui
Aspirant
Aspirant

When at work, I keep my cell phone on silent to minimize interruptions. Having said that, I'd still like my Arlo Pro to notify me -- via my work desktop PC -- when it detects motion. Is there a way for me to accomplish this?

For what it's worth, I tried researching my question before posting this but it seemed like my only choices were push/email notifications to my phone (again, silent on purpose) or maybe installing a third party app like Pushbullet (whose website is unfortunately blocked at my job).

The only thing I could come up with was logging into My Arlo from my work desktop PC hoping that it would notify me with a pop-up or prompt.

Any ideas?

Thanks in advance.

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
jguerdat
Guru Guru
Guru
Silent mode blocks everything so unless your specific device allows you to set apps that can override the setting that's all. Perhaps you could use Vibrate instead of silent.

The web version doesn't notify at all, just the app.

View solution in original post

2 REPLIES 2
jguerdat
Guru Guru
Guru
Silent mode blocks everything so unless your specific device allows you to set apps that can override the setting that's all. Perhaps you could use Vibrate instead of silent.

The web version doesn't notify at all, just the app.
Axc0pui
Aspirant
Aspirant

Thanks for the quick reply, jguerdat. I've gone into my Android's advanced notification settings and enabled the option to set Arlo notifications as priority, i.e. sound when in Do Not Disturb mode. Looks like Do Not Disturb might be what I should be using -- rather than just setting to silent -- when I'm at work. 

Anyway, thanks again for the help.