Arlo|Smart Home Security|Wireless HD Security Cameras
× Arlo End of Life Policy Notice
To view Arlo’s new End of Life Policy, click here.

CVR for Arlo Pro?

Discussion stats
  • 9 Replies
  • 0 Likes
  • 7 In Conversation
scooter100
Follower
Follower

Can I enable the CVR option with an arlo Pro?  My front door Arlo Pro camera will be powered via USB and am hoping to enable the CVR option on that camera. We have lots of package thiefs in the neighborhood around the holidays and would like a continuous recording of the front door.

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
TomMac
Guru Guru
Guru

Not at this time to my knowledge...only the Q cameras

--------------------------------------
Morse is faster than texting!

View solution in original post

9 REPLIES 9
TomMac
Guru Guru
Guru

Not at this time to my knowledge...only the Q cameras

Morse is faster than texting!
JamesC
Community Manager
Community Manager

TomMac is correct. CVR is available on the Arlo Q/Q+ cameras. This is not currently an Arlo Pro Feature.

JamesC

Deanomite
Apprentice
Apprentice

Are there any plans for this or will it eventually be able to get the CVR feature?

I purchased this product under the assumption it records all motion until no motion is detected. Seems like a basic function that a security camera should have, no?

Having it record just a few seconds of motion, or multiple short clips with delay between clips seems to defeat the purpose of trying to capture the event in full. Maybe i capture the burgler walking up to my house for a minute, but then it cuts off before he breaks in. 

If i set it to 2 minutes long, then i have to deal with battery drain and long insignificant clips throughout the day.

Whats the best solution?

JamesC
Community Manager
Community Manager

Deanomite,

Due to the battery operated design of the Pro, it is not intended to record for long lengths of time. It is suggested to use the Arlo Q/Q+ if your goal is to record continuously, as these are powered cameras supporting the CVR feature.

JamesC

Deanomite
Apprentice
Apprentice
But not for outdoors correct?
jguerdat
Guru Guru
Guru
Right. They do detect motion through glass so it may be a possibility.
AL_UK
Aspirant
Aspirant

Do Arlo have a camera that is for outdoor use that has CVR?  Like the Nest Cam outdoor?

I currently own the Arlo Pro, but am looking for an outdoor CVR camera, ideally with Arlo.

Cheers

lostchild
Apprentice
Apprentice

Set Arlo Pro to record 300 sec and put a hamster in a cage in sight of the camera... it will keep recording into 300 sec clips as long as the hamster is running on the wheel.   CVR on Arlo Pro powered by hamster!

jguerdat
Guru Guru
Guru
The Pro version of record until motion stops is currently broken unless there's been a very recent change. It will only record for the previously set length minus 1 second. We've been told that it's being worked on and that it will be removed as an option until it's fixed.