Arlo|Smart Home Security|Wireless HD Security Cameras
× Arlo End of Life Policy Notice
To view Arlo’s new End of Life Policy, click here.

Defective product right out of the box. Now I have to pay to send it back?

Discussion stats
  • 6 Replies
  • 0 Likes
  • 5 In Conversation
SmittyB
Follower
Follower

I purchased the 4-camera system and 1 camera wouldn't sync. I've received the replacement, which synced, but needs a firmware update. Taking care of that now. I, too, am wondering why I am required to pay to ship the defective one back when my initial purchase of a NetGear product included a defective product/part. Would be different if I had been using a working product and then it stopped working, within the warranty period. This product never did work! That's NetGear's problem, all the way around. Not mine. I'm happy to ship the defective camera back, but it should be at NetGear's expense when their products don't even work right out of the box!

Case# 27795752

6 REPLIES 6
manofice
Virtuoso
Virtuoso
I agree, they should cover that cost. Raise it up a level.
lostchild
Apprentice
Apprentice

They should have email you a shipping label.   I don't know any company that does not do that on a warranty replacement.   Are you sure there wasn't a return label in the replacement box that you got?   If not just contact them for a shipping label.   There is no way they will ask for you to pay shipping.

jguerdat
Guru Guru
Guru

Unfortunately, Netgear requires you to pay for the return shipment on any Arlo device (I think on any consumer device).  I've raised the issue with some positive support but nothing has changed.

serghe
Guide
Guide

I remember, when I replaced one of my cameras, having one option free shipping (standard) and one expedited shipping (you have to pay for it).

lostchild
Apprentice
Apprentice

Oh wow.  That doesn't make sense because people could just return the system to the purchase place.  Pretty much all the places that sells Arlo has free return shiipping, Best Buy, Amazon, Costco, etc...   Most company would rather you contact them and they replace your defective device themselves than you go and return it to the retailer.

jguerdat
Guru Guru
Guru
It's been a while since I availed myself of replacing a camera which required that I pay for the return for the slow service. More recently, I had a couple of Pros RMA ed and I was sent a return label. I had thought it was due to special circumstances but perhaps the policy has changed. If so, YAY!