Arlo|Smart Home Security|Wireless HD Security Cameras
× Arlo End of Life Policy Notice
To view Arlo’s new End of Life Policy, click here.

RCooke
Tutor
Tutor

Netgear's 2.5.0 app update broke push notifications on my iPhone X running iOS 11.3.1. I would like to report this bug. I hope the app will be patched ASAP.

269 REPLIES 269
KailaPoulin88
Aspirant
Aspirant
Having the same issue here. Not getting any push notifications on my iPhone 8 plus when motion is detected. Video is still recording, but no notifications.
AT143
Aspirant
Aspirant
Did anyone else get an email from Arlo and Netgear and ask for you to change your password? Email says something about Arlo app being hacked or something?
Elynch
Guide
Guide
Yes, my guess is that it’s because of the engineering problem after the update where most of us were getting “your password is not correct” error message.
Just a guess tho.
This company and customer service is a joke. Never again will I buy NETGEAR. Not a reliable product.
I heavily promoted arlo When I first purchased it- now I will heavily advocate for other system.
Too bad they handled this whole situation so poorly.
KailaPoulin88
Aspirant
Aspirant
I didn’t get an email about changing my password-not in my junk box either. But I did read somewhere that they got hacked...
johnnagrrl
Aspirant
Aspirant

I'm finally getting notifications, but the battery drain is AWFUL.  I just charged 1 last week to 100% and just got a notification this morning that it was down to 15%.  All the others are low as well.  

iTem70
Aspirant
Aspirant
Did get some notifications yesterday but still I cannot control the Base Station. The status is ”getting info”. Unable to set schedule or GEO.
Also got an email about changing password.

Is not anyone from Netgear reading our replies?? Have they just thrown us out in the community to sort everything out by ourselves?? What’s going on???
jcwrks
Luminary
Luminary
I too have the incorrect password error after the arlo app update unless I log in with iOS Touch ID.

Netgear, please get your act together.
Elynch
Guide
Guide
The lack of response is a testament of their stellar customer service.
JPC
Prodigy
Prodigy

@johnnagrrl wrote:

I'm finally getting notifications, but the battery drain is AWFUL.  I just charged 1 last week to 100% and just got a notification this morning that it was down to 15%.  All the others are low as well.  

May I ask what's your cam's firmware version? Coz' am not experiencing this battery drainage.. This could be related to a bad firmware.. 

Red33
Star
Star

cam's firmware version 1.092.0.13_19715. 

Im getting notifications with a iPhone SE 

JPC
Prodigy
Prodigy

@Red33 wrote:

cam's firmware version 1.092.0.13_19715. 

Im getting notifications with a iPhone SE 

Mine too.. Am seeing some people here on forum have different firmware versions and it's prolly related to some of these issues such as battery draining.. It could be a buggy firmware.. For now, this version 1.092.0.13_19715 is working for me.. If there's a newer one out there, then it's just a matter of time we all get it also.. 

ysu
Luminary
Luminary
I’m on 2.5.1 and notifications are working for me consistently for last few days since the app update. So that is fixed.

For those still not getting notifications, check app version to make sure you actually got 2.5.1. Sometimes appstore auto update doesn’t work. Then delete and reinstall app to ensure push token reregister. Lastly, check your mode settings. Maybe something has been altered when we were desperately trying to make it work before the update.

Battery issue is real. Related to IR sensor not turned off or something. My post got merged into another topic but no update from netgear yet

https://community.netgear.com/t5/Arlo-Pro/Infrared-light-comes-on-when-camera-is-off/m-p/1575645#M37...
jcwrks
Luminary
Luminary
As soon as I disabled the Touch ID password option I am no longer prompted about the incorrect password even after the app times out or you force close it.
kfscoll
Star
Star

I’m still not getting notifications on my iPhone X even after the latest update.  On top of that, the battery drain on one of my cameras is BRUTAL.  So, what’s up?

jcwrks
Luminary
Luminary
Disregard. It’s now telling me incorrect password again. Back to enabling Touch ID.
AT143
Aspirant
Aspirant
Been getting “Sorry, we have trouble signing you in because of internet connectivity” for the last hour or so. It is not my password related because my ipad and husband’s phone shows the same message. Anyone else getting this? Gosh...what next?! Gets worse and worse everyday. Some new issues just pop up on a daily basis.
AT143
Aspirant
Aspirant
Arlo-No Connection!
ysu
Luminary
Luminary

Also got “internet connectivity” error. Pretty sure Arlo server is having trouble.

What’s more ironic is that I noticed this error when I tried to open the app to check how much battery has charged. And the reason I charge my battery is because the damn firmware update created the fast drain issue from 2 weeks ago, otherwise I won’t need to charge for another 2 months.

Nice job Netgear. When I asked “what else can you break” in the push notification and battery issue threads, I didn’t mean to challenge. But you win.

Taylor121217
Tutor
Tutor
Wow!!! I was getting the push notifications but now I can’t even access the app or on the computer. Funny I can get on every other site on the internet. This is messed up. If I would have known there were this many problems don’t think I would have gotten them. So I can’t even arm/disarm my system. Nothing nada zip. This needs to b fixed ASAP. @netgear
jguerdat
Guru Guru
Guru