Arlo|Smart Home Security|Wireless HD Security Cameras
× Arlo End of Life Policy Notice
To view Arlo’s new End of Life Policy, click here.

RCooke
Tutor
Tutor

Netgear's 2.5.0 app update broke push notifications on my iPhone X running iOS 11.3.1. I would like to report this bug. I hope the app will be patched ASAP.

269 REPLIES 269
W__R
Guide
Guide

Cameras still record when there is motion but it does not notify me about it. Automatic mode changes (geofencing / time schedule) also doesnt send me notifications anymore.

I have double checked all my settings and have push notifications checked but still no changes. 

Anyone has a solution to this?

Oscar1018
Aspirant
Aspirant
I’m having the same issue. My husband is as well. What phone are you using? Both of us have iPhones, maybe an app issue?
W__R
Guide
Guide

Yeah, iPhone 6.

Eviledna39
Tutor
Tutor

I havent had any push notifications since updating to 2.5.1.  Rebooted the base & both cameras.  Deleted the app and reinstalled still the same.  😞

Sinky
Aspirant
Aspirant

Hi,

we've had the same issue, not sure if it's an app fault? both using iphones but been receiving no notifications for a couple of weeks now since the app was updated.

All notifications turned on, deleted the app and reinstalled.... tried everything but still nothing coming through rendering the idea pointless....!

anyone got any ideas how to resolve??

ndc66
Tutor
Tutor
I had the same problem for over 2 weeks with my iPhone 6,
The app had an update today & it hasn't faltered since I updated.
So far, I've received every notification
jimhall504
Tutor
Tutor
So far so good here with 2.5.1 I pointed one of my cameras towards the street before I left and will see how it goes today. I should get quite a few notifications all day. Also I see the camera name on video play back instead of the camera serial number was fixed. Thank you.
jimhall504
Tutor
Tutor

I hate to say this, but it seemed all was well until I logged out of the app and then back in. I'm getting multiple detections from my street camera (over 30) and no notifications on the iphone app. Can others try logging off and back onto your app?

Elynch
Guide
Guide
I have a new issue now- worse than before.

After I log in to the app- I can see things fine.

The app then closes and logs me out and says “my password is incorrect” after never having logged out!!!!
@DawnM

I’m so FRUSTRATED!!!! This is absolutely ridiculous!
Elynch
Guide
Guide
This is what I get EVERY TIME I tap the app- even tho I NEVER closed or logged out of the app!!!!
See picture
@DawnM
JN99
Aspirant
Aspirant

Is there a fix or known cause for this issue yet?  I have an iPhone 7 with iOS 11.3.1 and am not getting push notifications.  Have logged out and back into the app but no change.  My wife is still getting notifications on her Android pone (Droid).  But on the iPhone - nothing.

Steph0763
Aspirant
Aspirant
I had the same issue. It kept telling me my password was not valid, I had to reset it but when I received the reset link, it kept saying the link was timed out ! After multiple attempts and getting locked out and having to wait, I was finally able to create a new password for whatever reason
Elynch
Guide
Guide
I have the correct password- and when I type it in- it logs me back in.

My issue that is when the app is idle or even when something is detected and I go tap the app- it gives me the screen saying my password isn’t correct. I NEVER TYPED IT IN- it just goes directly to this.
MSteen
Aspirant
Aspirant
Push notifications are not working with my IPhone 7 Plus.
JN99
Aspirant
Aspirant

Just noticed a new version of the app available this morning in the App store.  Installed it and my push nptifications now back and working, for the time being at least.

Blackcloud23
Tutor
Tutor

I installed 2.5.1 last night.  Push notifications worked while I was home.  I received notification this morning that I left my geofence zone and that was the last I've heard from Arlo.  No push notifications on camera activity (there have been 5 so far this morning).  I have an iPhone 6s with current 11.3.1 OS.  I have tried deleting and reinstalling the app as well as turning off my push notifications and turning them back on.  For reference my wife has an iPhone 7 with current iOS but has the Arlo version PRIOR to the 2.5 update and she is getting notifications fine.  I would suggest reloading a version prior to the 2.5 update back to the app store so we at least have a stable system. 
My Arlo Pro system is a little over a year old and since the one year warranty has lapsed I have had at least one issue a month.  Since Arlo is marketed as a home security measure one would reasonably think that the software developers and testers would vet the software versions more thoroughly prior to release.  I am very frustrated- I have come to rely on Arlo to notify me when there is motion around my camera zones.

MSteen
Aspirant
Aspirant
Installed the new software update and push notifications still don’t work on my iPhone 7 Plus
jimhall504
Tutor
Tutor
Maybe a clue. As soon as I got home and on my own WiFi, I started getting notifications again. Prior to that, after installing 2.5.1, I was getting notifications until I logged out and back in to the app. I had over 200 recordings and no notifications until I was back in range of my own WiFi.
Hendy77
Aspirant
Aspirant

Okay, so...I have installed the newest version. No change.

I re-booted the base station (twice). No change.

I un-installed the App and re-installed it. Nothing.

No notifications, no recordings.

Nothing on my Iphone 8, iPad or Mac computer.

iTem70
Aspirant
Aspirant
New app:
No notifications
Cannot see status of the base station

Installed app
Restarted the base station
Mfrigo24
Aspirant
Aspirant
I am having the same issue. iPhone X user. I am suddenly no longer receiving notifications. The app is also no longer remembering my password. I have to log in every time I open the app.
Ducle69
Aspirant
Aspirant
My app doesnt show up motion detection and audio detection even i update to new softwear 2.5.1.
MODE is not available on my samsung s9+ but it show up MODE on my iphone 8+ . however it doesnt work on both 2 phones.
No nortification at all. Anyone can explain for me and what should i do?
My 4 cameras not recording anything too.
Its useless now.
T2342344
Star
Star

Issue persists with notifications on iOS with app version 2.5.1. When app is reopened after minimizing after short period of time it says that password is incorrect. Closing the app and reopen works for a while (no need to insert password) but after a while it stops working again. 

jimhall504
Tutor
Tutor

I was able to duplicate yesterdays scenario. Maybe this can help you troubleshoot.

While at home on my home wifi, I was getting notifications. I came to work this AM and was still getting them while away from all wifi, and  still was getting them on work wifi. I tried logging out of the app and closing it, then reopening and logging back in. Since then I have gotten 30+ motion detected recordings on 1 of my cameras but no notifications in the 2.5.1 app on my iphone 7. 

Yesterday was the same scenario until I got home and immediately started getting notifications when I returned to my home wifi. I will see if that happens again tonight. 

Shuler24
Aspirant
Aspirant

I have had no issues since the new release, inclduing when I am away from home. As I read the newest commnets, I will point out that is seems to be newer IPhones, i.e. Iphone 7 and up. My wife and I are on IPhone 6s. Wondering if there might be a connect there?